What is involved in point to point
Find out what the related areas are that point to point connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a point to point thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its point to point journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward point to point leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which point to point related domains to cover and 27 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
point to point, Point-to-point, Logistical, Peer-to-peer, Point-to-Point Protocol, Point-to-point construction, Point-to-point transit, SAN Point-to-Point:
point to point Critical Criteria:
Group point to point tactics and assess and formulate effective operational and point to point strategies.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to point to point? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good point to point project manager?
– Are accountability and ownership for point to point clearly defined?
Point-to-point Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Point-to-point quality and differentiate in coordinating Point-to-point.
– If a network is involved, what is its operational paradigm, that is, unicast (point-to-point network, such as Ethernet), multicast, or broadcast?
– Among the point to point product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting point to point with what users do day-to-day?
– Is Supporting point to point documentation required?
Logistical Critical Criteria:
Mine Logistical failures and describe the risks of Logistical sustainability.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your point to point activities?
– Why should we adopt a point to point framework?
– Are there point to point problems defined?
Peer-to-peer Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Peer-to-peer planning and get answers.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to point to point?
– In what ways are point to point vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How do we measure improved point to point service perception, and satisfaction?
Point-to-Point Protocol Critical Criteria:
Shape Point-to-Point Protocol projects and track iterative Point-to-Point Protocol results.
– What are our best practices for minimizing point to point project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the point to point project lifecycle?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in point to point?
Point-to-point construction Critical Criteria:
Infer Point-to-point construction risks and question.
– Is maximizing point to point protection the same as minimizing point to point loss?
– How is the value delivered by point to point being measured?
– How can skill-level changes improve point to point?
Point-to-point transit Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Point-to-point transit adoptions and finalize specific methods for Point-to-point transit acceptance.
– How will you know that the point to point project has been successful?
– How to deal with point to point Changes?
SAN Point-to-Point Critical Criteria:
Steer SAN Point-to-Point projects and adjust implementation of SAN Point-to-Point.
– Do we monitor the point to point decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What is Effective point to point?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the point to point Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
point to point External links:
ALTA Land Title Surveys | Services | Point to Point Surveyors
B2B Demand Generation Agency | Point To Point
Point to Point Schedule – MTA NYCT – Trip Planner+
Point-to-point External links:
Point-to-point (Book, 1933) [WorldCat.org]
Point-to-Point Protocol External links:
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) – Cisco
Configure Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
Point-to-point construction External links:
Point-to-Point Construction – YouTube
Point-to-point transit External links:
“High-Coverage Point-to-Point Transit Study of Path …
High-Coverage Point-to-Point Transit: Study of Path …
Kings Point-to-Point Transit – Home | Facebook