What is involved in Technology roadmap
Find out what the related areas are that Technology roadmap connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Technology roadmap thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Technology roadmap journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Technology roadmap leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Technology roadmap related domains to cover and 71 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Technology roadmap, Business development, Business plan, Class diagram, Corporate strategy, Enterprise systems engineering, Information technology planning, Planning horizon, Project network, Requirement prioritization, Resource allocation, Scenario planning, Strategic business unit, Strategic management, Strategic planning, Strategic technology plan, System requirements, Technology life cycle, Vision statement, Work breakdown structure:
Technology roadmap Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Technology roadmap projects and learn.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Technology roadmap objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Technology roadmap?
– How to Secure Technology roadmap?
Business development Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Business development strategies and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Business development results.
– Think about the people you identified for your Technology roadmap project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Technology roadmap workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do we Lead with Technology roadmap in Mind?
Business plan Critical Criteria:
Match Business plan results and budget for Business plan challenges.
– Its important to reach your customers. Every business, if wise, will have a promotion and advertising plan. You need to consider the image you want to project to your customers about your business. Will your business stand out because you are a proven a leader in the service or product industry by providing innovative services or products, or you provide customer confidence by providing high quality Customer Service?
– Do the Technology roadmap decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Technology roadmap?
– Have Business Plans with your Critical Preferred Vendors?
– Do you need to develop a Human Resources manual?
– How do you plan to address Customer Service?
– Do we offer Superior Customer Service?
Class diagram Critical Criteria:
Explore Class diagram projects and give examples utilizing a core of simple Class diagram skills.
– Does Technology roadmap systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we manage Technology roadmap Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is Technology roadmap Required?
Corporate strategy Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Corporate strategy goals and sort Corporate strategy activities.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Technology roadmap opportunities costing us money?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Technology roadmap requirements in detail?
– Are accountability and ownership for Technology roadmap clearly defined?
– Has MD initiatives been matched to the corporate strategy?
Enterprise systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Analyze Enterprise systems engineering engagements and devise Enterprise systems engineering key steps.
– Think of your Technology roadmap project. what are the main functions?
– What are our Technology roadmap Processes?
Information technology planning Critical Criteria:
Check Information technology planning engagements and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Information technology planning services.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Technology roadmap product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Technology roadmap project manager?
– How can you measure Technology roadmap in a systematic way?
Planning horizon Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Planning horizon adoptions and ask what if.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Technology roadmap in a volatile global economy?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Technology roadmap?
– What is our formula for success in Technology roadmap ?
Project network Critical Criteria:
Derive from Project network tactics and achieve a single Project network view and bringing data together.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Technology roadmap with what users do day-to-day?
– Do we monitor the Technology roadmap decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are specific Technology roadmap Rules to follow?
Requirement prioritization Critical Criteria:
Look at Requirement prioritization management and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Requirement prioritization decisions.
– What is the source of the strategies for Technology roadmap strengthening and reform?
– What are the usability implications of Technology roadmap actions?
Resource allocation Critical Criteria:
Focus on Resource allocation projects and oversee implementation of Resource allocation.
– Which customers cant participate in our Technology roadmap domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Technology roadmap objectives?
– Are there Technology roadmap Models?
Scenario planning Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Scenario planning goals and sort Scenario planning activities.
– What vendors make products that address the Technology roadmap needs?
– Do we have past Technology roadmap Successes?
Strategic business unit Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Strategic business unit visions and look at the big picture.
– Does our organization need more Technology roadmap education?
– How can skill-level changes improve Technology roadmap?
– What is our Technology roadmap Strategy?
Strategic management Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Strategic management failures and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Strategic management information.
– How likely is the current Technology roadmap plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How would one define Technology roadmap leadership?
Strategic planning Critical Criteria:
Explore Strategic planning results and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Strategic planning.
– When a Technology roadmap manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are the data relevant to the strategic planning needs of the company?
Strategic technology plan Critical Criteria:
Merge Strategic technology plan quality and catalog Strategic technology plan activities.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Technology roadmap processes?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Technology roadmap strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Is Supporting Technology roadmap documentation required?
System requirements Critical Criteria:
Devise System requirements tasks and probe System requirements strategic alliances.
– Is the scope of Technology roadmap defined?
Technology life cycle Critical Criteria:
Analyze Technology life cycle projects and differentiate in coordinating Technology life cycle.
– Consider your own Technology roadmap project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Is a Technology roadmap Team Work effort in place?
– How much does Technology roadmap help?
Vision statement Critical Criteria:
Systematize Vision statement projects and point out Vision statement tensions in leadership.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Technology roadmap process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Technology roadmap process available?
– Do you have a copy of the current mission and vision statements, and portions of the strategic plan or objective related to this ERM project?
– How can you negotiate Technology roadmap successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Are business goals and objectives a direct translation of the companys vision statement?
– Do you have a vision statement?
– What is our Vision Statement?
– What is our Vision Statement?
Work breakdown structure Critical Criteria:
Own Work breakdown structure strategies and observe effective Work breakdown structure.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Technology roadmap products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Technology roadmap? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Explain in detail the Work Breakdown Structure?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Technology roadmap Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Technology roadmap External links:
Login : Technology Roadmap Builder
Technology Roadmap Software by ProductPlan
Log In to LOCUS: Technology Roadmap: Loyola University Chicago
Business development External links:
The Difference Between Sales and Business Development
Title Business Development Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Business Development Titles Jobs – Monster.com
Business plan External links:
Finish Your Business Plan In One Day! | Growthink | …
An Introduction to Business Plans – Entrepreneur
[PDF]Sample Business Plan Title Page |Cantonnewyork.us
Class diagram External links:
[PDF]Class Diagram For Registration – loblaws.store
UML 2 Class Diagrams: An Agile Introduction
[PDF]Class Diagram Ppt Slides – citychain.store
Corporate strategy External links:
Corporate Strategy Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Job Description of a Corporate Strategy Advisor | Chron.com
Corporate strategy (Book, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Enterprise systems engineering External links:
Enterprise Systems Engineering | VA Mobile
Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering < … http://catalog.illinois.edu/graduate/graduate-majors/iese
Information technology planning External links:
[PDF]Information Technology Planning Questionnaire …
Information technology planning (Book, 1999) …
“Information Technology Planning” by UNM Faculty Senate
Planning horizon External links:
[PDF]PLANNING HORIZON 2030 – Lake County, Florida
Financial Planning Horizon | Social Security Choices
Project network External links:
Women’s Hair Loss Project Network – Landing Page
Project Network Diagrams – Project Management – YouTube
project network | Search Results | Lifeworks Northwest
Resource allocation External links:
Resource Allocation | Prose and Purpose
[PDF]Definition: What is Resource Allocation – Health Sciences
Scenario planning External links:
ch08.ppt | Strategic Planning | Scenario Planning
Scenario Planning (PowerPoint) – Flevy.com
[PDF]Scenario Planning – northlandfdn.org
Strategic business unit External links:
In business, a strategic business unit (SBU) is a profit center which focuses on product offering and market segment. SBUs typically have a discrete marketing plan, analysis of competition, and marketing campaign, even though they may be part of a larger business entity.
Strategic Business Unit Essay Examples – New York essay
Strategic management External links:
Strategic management (Book, 1993) [WorldCat.org]
Strategic management (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Strategic Management – AbeBooks
Strategic technology plan External links:
[PDF]Strategic Technology Plan – A Nationally Ranked …
Strategic Technology Plan
[PDF]Stafford County Strategic Technology Plan 2015
System requirements External links:
System requirements for iCloud – Apple Support
Public RAPID – System Requirements
System Requirements | Weight Watchers
Technology life cycle External links:
Technology Life Cycle – MBA Skool-Study.Learn.Share.
Vision statement External links:
Mission and Vision Statement | Omni Hotels & Resorts
Vision Statement | Town of Framingham, MA Official Website
Caine & Weiner – Mission and Vision Statement
Work breakdown structure External links:
[DOC]WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE – Maryland
[PPT]Work Breakdown Structure – Pension Perisic, Podstrana