What is involved in Software QA
Find out what the related areas are that Software QA connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Software QA thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Software QA journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Software QA leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Software QA related domains to cover and 276 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Software QA, Extreme programming, IEEE P1906.1, IEEE 802.3, Requirements engineering, Computer science, IEEE 1394, Universal Power Adapter for Mobile Devices, IEEE 802.11n-2009, Software quality, Release management, IEEE floating point, IEEE 802.11j-2004, IEEE 1541-2002, Computer engineering, IEEE 802.11v, Software requirements specification, Software configuration management, Risk management, Unified Power Format, IEEE 802.11u, IEEE 802.11k-2008, Software user documentation, Aspect-oriented software development, Software quality management, Trygve Reenskaug, Bertrand Meyer, IEEE 754 revision, ISO/IEC 42010, Code review, Formal methods, Single UNIX Specification, Advanced Library Format, IEEE 802.8, IEEE 802.11ay, Data model, IEEE 802.11af, IEEE 802.21, IEEE 802.18, Open Firmware, Link Layer Discovery Protocol, Agile software development, Systems engineering, IEEE 1901, IEEE 802.11ax, Scalable Coherent Interface, Enterprise Unified Process, Wireless Gigabit Alliance, Capability Maturity Model Integration, IEEE 802.15.4a, Function model, IEEE 854-1987, Software archaeology, Data modeling, Stream Reservation Protocol, Data center bridging, IEEE 802.11e-2005, Systems modeling, IEEE 1584, Computer programming, Enterprise architecture, ISO 9000, Edsger W. Dijkstra, Peri Tarr, Software architecture, IEEE 802.6, Functional specification, Resilient Packet Ring, IEEE 802.1X, Systems analysis, IEEE 802.11a-1999, Service-oriented architecture:
Software QA Critical Criteria:
Judge Software QA tactics and triple focus on important concepts of Software QA relationship management.
– Can we add value to the current Software QA decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– To what extent does management recognize Software QA as a tool to increase the results?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Shape Extreme programming engagements and look for lots of ideas.
– Does Software QA create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Software QA project?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– How can skill-level changes improve Software QA?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
IEEE P1906.1 Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over IEEE P1906.1 outcomes and finalize specific methods for IEEE P1906.1 acceptance.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Software QA process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Software QA process available?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Software QA delivery for example is new software needed?
– What is the source of the strategies for Software QA strengthening and reform?
IEEE 802.3 Critical Criteria:
Incorporate IEEE 802.3 projects and point out IEEE 802.3 tensions in leadership.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Software QA study?
– Is Software QA Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Requirements engineering governance and ask questions.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Software QA. How do we gain traction?
– Do those selected for the Software QA team have a good general understanding of what Software QA is all about?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Software QA project?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Look at Computer science goals and point out Computer science tensions in leadership.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Software QA? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Software QA strengthening and reform actually originate?
IEEE 1394 Critical Criteria:
Communicate about IEEE 1394 tasks and find answers.
– How do we know that any Software QA analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Is there any existing Software QA governance structure?
– How do we manage Software QA Knowledge Management (KM)?
Universal Power Adapter for Mobile Devices Critical Criteria:
Systematize Universal Power Adapter for Mobile Devices quality and document what potential Universal Power Adapter for Mobile Devices megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Does Software QA include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Software QA goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
IEEE 802.11n-2009 Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over IEEE 802.11n-2009 tactics and get the big picture.
– Does the Software QA task fit the clients priorities?
– Is Software QA Required?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Software quality failures and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Software quality information.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Software QA is underway?
– Think about the functions involved in your Software QA project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Software QA processes of our organization?
Release management Critical Criteria:
Graph Release management risks and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Release management is getting what it needs.
– What happens after development: how should developers release component-based software and how can users subsequently obtain such software especially if the software under consideration consists of many components that are released by many organizations at many different geographical locations?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Software QA project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Software QA project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Software QA project lifecycle?
– What is, really, the difference between development and innovation, i.e. how big or radical do changes have to be to warrant the label innovation ?
– How much do political issues impact on the decision in open source projects and how does this ultimately impact on innovation?
– Does it avoid poorly executed software handoffs between development, testing, and operations?
– What will happen to the software configuration of a customer, when she updates a certain component?
– Does it Eliminate lengthy email threads trying to achieve change approval?
– Are there any guarantees that the project will ever be completed?
– Where do requirements come from (and what should we do about it)?
– When should sunk cost be abandoned and new solutions sought ?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– Do you have existing automation or deployment tools?
– Who must complete a release management plan?
– Every design decision is technical, or not?
– How do we know that all tasks are complete?
– How well are os projects documented?
– what is NEXT FOR RELEASE MANAGEMENT AND DEVOPS?
– What is release management?
IEEE floating point Critical Criteria:
Steer IEEE floating point leadership and adopt an insight outlook.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Software QA opportunities costing us money?
– What are the usability implications of Software QA actions?
– Which Software QA goals are the most important?
IEEE 802.11j-2004 Critical Criteria:
Administer IEEE 802.11j-2004 risks and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Software QA agendas for the next 3 years?
– How much does Software QA help?
IEEE 1541-2002 Critical Criteria:
Face IEEE 1541-2002 goals and document what potential IEEE 1541-2002 megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Software QA processes?
– What are all of our Software QA domains and what do they do?
– How do we go about Securing Software QA?
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Design Computer engineering tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for Computer engineering.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Software QA product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– In what ways are Software QA vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How can the value of Software QA be defined?
IEEE 802.11v Critical Criteria:
Deduce IEEE 802.11v quality and look for lots of ideas.
– Will Software QA have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Software QA process?
– Does Software QA appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Software requirements specification Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Software requirements specification projects and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Software requirements specification.
– What are our needs in relation to Software QA skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Can we do Software QA without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What business benefits will Software QA goals deliver if achieved?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Look at Software configuration management decisions and look for lots of ideas.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Software QA that make it risky?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Software QA?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Risk management governance and figure out ways to motivate other Risk management users.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– If a specific risk management person or group is charged with your overall program, what are the competencies required to ensure adequate background in this or these roles?
– Is our organization doing any form of outreach or education on Cybersecurity Risk Management (including the framework)?
– Have you broken down your risks into the COSO ERM categories: Strategic, Financial Reporting, Operating and Regulatory?
– For the most critical systems, are multiple operators required to implement changes that risk consequential events?
– Do you have an enterprise-wide risk management program that includes Cybersecurity?
– Do you have a defined operating model with dedicated resources for IT risk?
– Do we do Risk identification and address the what might go wrong?
– Do you use any homegrown IT system for ERM or risk assessments?
– Where specifically is the information processed and stored?
– What is the likelihood (probability) risks would go wrong?
– Are records kept of Cybersecurity access to key systems?
– What is the prime directive of Risk Management?
– Is our Cybersecurity plan tested regularly?
– Will a permanent standard be developed?
– What do we have to produce/create?
– Why is Risk Management needed?
– Which systems need to be patched?
– Are any two policies the same?
Unified Power Format Critical Criteria:
Deduce Unified Power Format risks and get out your magnifying glass.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Software QA process?
– Does Software QA systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
IEEE 802.11u Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over IEEE 802.11u goals and work towards be a leading IEEE 802.11u expert.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Software QA in a volatile global economy?
IEEE 802.11k-2008 Critical Criteria:
Revitalize IEEE 802.11k-2008 planning and drive action.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Software QA process?
– What is our formula for success in Software QA ?
Software user documentation Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Software user documentation risks and devote time assessing Software user documentation and its risk.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Software QA services/products?
– What is the purpose of Software QA in relation to the mission?
– Do Software QA rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Think about Aspect-oriented software development management and test out new things.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Software QA leader?
Software quality management Critical Criteria:
Meet over Software quality management leadership and grade techniques for implementing Software quality management controls.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Software QA ?
Trygve Reenskaug Critical Criteria:
Adapt Trygve Reenskaug leadership and revise understanding of Trygve Reenskaug architectures.
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Bertrand Meyer strategies and overcome Bertrand Meyer skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are the long-term Software QA goals?
IEEE 754 revision Critical Criteria:
Discuss IEEE 754 revision projects and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of IEEE 754 revision.
– Do the Software QA decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– When a Software QA manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What will drive Software QA change?
ISO/IEC 42010 Critical Criteria:
Reorganize ISO/IEC 42010 management and slay a dragon.
– How important is Software QA to the user organizations mission?
– What are current Software QA Paradigms?
Code review Critical Criteria:
Guard Code review issues and create a map for yourself.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Software QA does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Frame Formal methods planning and gather practices for scaling Formal methods.
– Have all basic functions of Software QA been defined?
Single UNIX Specification Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Single UNIX Specification failures and mentor Single UNIX Specification customer orientation.
– Does Software QA analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the business goals Software QA is aiming to achieve?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Software QA Management?
Advanced Library Format Critical Criteria:
Depict Advanced Library Format risks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Advanced Library Format projects.
– Is the Software QA organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Software QA?
IEEE 802.8 Critical Criteria:
Group IEEE 802.8 decisions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure IEEE 802.8 is getting what it needs.
– How do we go about Comparing Software QA approaches/solutions?
– How do we maintain Software QAs Integrity?
IEEE 802.11ay Critical Criteria:
Transcribe IEEE 802.11ay strategies and do something to it.
– What threat is Software QA addressing?
Data model Critical Criteria:
Boost Data model visions and track iterative Data model results.
– What are the data model, data definitions, structure, and hosting options of purchased applications (COTS)?
– What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to design the database?
– Physical data model available?
– Logical data model available?
IEEE 802.11af Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize IEEE 802.11af management and be persistent.
– Which customers cant participate in our Software QA domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Software QA products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Have you identified your Software QA key performance indicators?
IEEE 802.21 Critical Criteria:
Administer IEEE 802.21 governance and correct IEEE 802.21 management by competencies.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Software QA project?
– How can you measure Software QA in a systematic way?
– What about Software QA Analysis of results?
IEEE 802.18 Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on IEEE 802.18 goals and probe the present value of growth of IEEE 802.18.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Software QA is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Software QA objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Open Firmware Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Open Firmware leadership and remodel and develop an effective Open Firmware strategy.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Software QA strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How likely is the current Software QA plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Link Layer Discovery Protocol Critical Criteria:
Trace Link Layer Discovery Protocol adoptions and adopt an insight outlook.
– In a project to restructure Software QA outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Agile software development visions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Agile software development is getting what it needs.
– When you are identifying the potential technical strategy(s) you have several process factors that you should address. As with initial scoping how much detail you go into when documenting the architecture, the views that you create, and your approach to modeling are important considerations. Furthermore, will you be considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– Can working in an agile mode assist a corporate venture in achieving good results early, in starting business, and in bringing income for the parent company?
– Can you afford to lock your business into a rigid long-term project where the cost of change grows exponentially?
– Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Do we ask in the sprint retrospective: What went well during the sprint?
– Which is really software best practice to us, CMM or agile development?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– What scaling factors should we consider when tailoring our approach?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– Complexity: an appropriate framework for development?
– Do we use kanban, and know how it compares to scrum?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– What type of Experience is valuable?
– Detaching: when does it break down?
– What is Scale and Why Manage It?
– Have we Adopted Agile?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Jump start Systems engineering results and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– What constraints apply, either in the nature and scope of our design effort (time, cost, funding, and other resources) or in the nature (size, cost, weight, etc.) of our solution?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– How do we achieve sufficient predictability in developing the system so as to enable meaningful costed and time-bounded, resourced plans to be formed?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– What will take the place of magnitude in our attempts to discern a power-law relationship?
– Do we have confidence in the reliability and robustness of the systems we design?
– What will happen if there is a loss of key staff or contractor personnel?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– Standards, goals, and appropriate processes been established?
– What is the problem or opportunity addressed by the system?
– What is the geographic and physical extent of the system?
– Who will use the systems engineering plan (sep)?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– How do we compare with the competition?
– Multiple development cycles?
– Why use systems engineering?
– What are our objectives?
– Right business case?
IEEE 1901 Critical Criteria:
Distinguish IEEE 1901 risks and get answers.
– Think of your Software QA project. what are the main functions?
IEEE 802.11ax Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over IEEE 802.11ax adoptions and oversee IEEE 802.11ax management by competencies.
– Are assumptions made in Software QA stated explicitly?
Scalable Coherent Interface Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Scalable Coherent Interface leadership and test out new things.
– How do we Improve Software QA service perception, and satisfaction?
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Examine Enterprise Unified Process tactics and finalize specific methods for Enterprise Unified Process acceptance.
Wireless Gigabit Alliance Critical Criteria:
Analyze Wireless Gigabit Alliance results and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Wireless Gigabit Alliance.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Software QA activities?
Capability Maturity Model Integration Critical Criteria:
Design Capability Maturity Model Integration issues and be persistent.
– What are the short and long-term Software QA goals?
IEEE 802.15.4a Critical Criteria:
Grasp IEEE 802.15.4a planning and get answers.
– How do we keep improving Software QA?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Survey Function model goals and proactively manage Function model risks.
– Is Software QA dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
IEEE 854-1987 Critical Criteria:
Own IEEE 854-1987 projects and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive IEEE 854-1987 projects.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Software QA with what users do day-to-day?
– What is our Software QA Strategy?
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Judge Software archaeology issues and get out your magnifying glass.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Software QA leaders?
– Are there Software QA Models?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Test Data modeling decisions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Data modeling.
– Is maximizing Software QA protection the same as minimizing Software QA loss?
– How is the value delivered by Software QA being measured?
Stream Reservation Protocol Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Stream Reservation Protocol leadership and define what do we need to start doing with Stream Reservation Protocol.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Software QA models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Data center bridging Critical Criteria:
Judge Data center bridging planning and ask what if.
IEEE 802.11e-2005 Critical Criteria:
Experiment with IEEE 802.11e-2005 issues and optimize IEEE 802.11e-2005 leadership as a key to advancement.
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Generalize Systems modeling goals and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Systems modeling services.
– Among the Software QA product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we Identify specific Software QA investment and emerging trends?
– Is a Software QA Team Work effort in place?
IEEE 1584 Critical Criteria:
Nurse IEEE 1584 results and optimize IEEE 1584 leadership as a key to advancement.
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Apply Computer programming management and define Computer programming competency-based leadership.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Software QA values?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Consult on Enterprise architecture results and create Enterprise architecture explanations for all managers.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What are internal and external Software QA relations?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
ISO 9000 Critical Criteria:
Confer re ISO 9000 leadership and catalog ISO 9000 activities.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– Do we monitor the Software QA decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Edsger W. Dijkstra Critical Criteria:
Check Edsger W. Dijkstra visions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Edsger W. Dijkstra projects.
– What are the key elements of your Software QA performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How would one define Software QA leadership?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Dissect Peri Tarr strategies and spearhead techniques for implementing Peri Tarr.
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Probe Software architecture planning and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Software architecture services.
IEEE 802.6 Critical Criteria:
Dissect IEEE 802.6 governance and triple focus on important concepts of IEEE 802.6 relationship management.
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Functional specification failures and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Functional specification projects.
Resilient Packet Ring Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Resilient Packet Ring visions and look for lots of ideas.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Software QA processes?
IEEE 802.1X Critical Criteria:
Contribute to IEEE 802.1X projects and customize techniques for implementing IEEE 802.1X controls.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Software QA project manager?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Software QA effort?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Talk about Systems analysis tasks and find the essential reading for Systems analysis researchers.
– Can you identify the input elements, transformation elements and output elements that make the process happen?
– How should one include criteria of equity and efficiency in performance assessment?
– What are the principal mechanisms likely to bring about performance improvements?
– What service providers would be able to build this application if outsourced?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What important aspects need to be considered during a feasibility study?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
– What types of planning are necessary to ensure the system s success?
– In which of the stages will end-user involvement be most extensive?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– Is this an acceptable application of a disruptive technology?
– How will employees react to a new system?
– Systems Analysis and design: where is it?
– What are the steering committee s roles?
– Systems Analysis and design: why is it?
– Can a step be eliminated?
– Can something be changed?
– Why build the system?
IEEE 802.11a-1999 Critical Criteria:
Rank IEEE 802.11a-1999 visions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding IEEE 802.11a-1999.
– How will you measure your Software QA effectiveness?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Study Service-oriented architecture leadership and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Service-oriented architecture projects.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Software QA Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Software QA External links:
Software QA Testing – Software QA & Testing Company
http://Ad · www.a1qa.com/Software-QA-Testing
Software QA Testing – Software QA & Testing Company
http://Ad · www.a1qa.com/Software-QA-Testing
Extreme programming External links:
[PDF]Exploring Extreme Programming in Context: An …
IEEE P1906.1 External links:
IEEE P1906.1 – WOW.com
IEEE 802.3 External links:
[PDF]IEEE 802.3 PoE Interface and Isolated Converter …
N-TRON Corporation – 108TX-MDR – IEEE 802.3 …
Chapter 7 – ETHERNET (IEEE 802.3) Flashcards | Quizlet
Requirements engineering External links:
Requirements engineering (Book, 1996) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – NIST
[PDF]Requirements Engineering Process – Computer …
Computer science External links:
k12cs.org – K–12 Computer Science Framework
Computer Science and Engineering
Purdue University – Department of Computer Science
IEEE 1394 External links:
Firewire Cables, IEEE 1394 Connectors – Newegg.com
Universal Power Adapter for Mobile Devices External links:
Universal Power Adapter for Mobile Devices – WOW.com
[PDF]Universal Power Adapter for Mobile Devices IEEE …
IEEE 802.11n-2009 External links:
IEEE 802.11n-2009 – 위키백과, 우리 모두의 백과사전
IEEE 802.11n-2009 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Software quality External links:
[PDF]Title: Software Quality Assurance Engineer Reports …
IEEE 802.11j-2004 External links:
IEEE 802.11j-2004 – WOW.com
IEEE 802.11j-2004 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
IEEE 1541-2002 External links:
IEEE 1541-2002 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
“IEEE 1541-2002” on Revolvy.com
IEEE 1541-2002 – techstreet.com
Computer engineering External links:
Electrical and Computer Engineering
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical & Computer Engineering | College of Engineering
Software requirements specification External links:
[DOC]Software Requirements Specification Template
[PDF]IEEE Software Requirements Specification Template
Software configuration management External links:
Software configuration management
http://In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
Set up the software configuration management …
What is Software Configuration Management and Why Do …
Risk management External links:
Risk Management Job Titles | Enlighten Jobs
Education Risk Management | Edu Risk Solutions
Unified Power Format External links:
Semiconductor Engineering .:. Unified Power Format
Synopsys implements Unified Power Format | EE Times
Unified Power Format – YouTube
IEEE 802.11u External links:
IEEE 802.11u – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
MikroTik Hotspot 2.0 (IEEE 802.11u) – YouTube
IEEE 802.11k-2008 External links:
IEEE 802.11k-2008 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
IEEE 802.11k-2008 – WOW.com
“IEEE 802.11k-2008” on Revolvy.com
Software user documentation External links:
[PDF]IEEE standard for software user documentation – …
New Trend for Software User Documentation – YouTube
Trygve Reenskaug External links:
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Bertrand Meyer – Official Site
Bertrand Meyer (@Bertrand_Meyer) | Twitter
IEEE 754 revision External links:
Re: Question about IEEE 754 revision
IEEE 754 revision – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/IEEE 754 revision
ISO/IEC 42010 External links:
[PDF]Knowledge mechanisms in IEEE 1471 & ISO/IEC 42010
ISO/IEC 42010 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
http://ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010 Systems and software engineering — Architecture description is an international standard for architecture descriptions of systems and software. ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010:2011 defines requirements on the description of system, software and enterprise architectures.
Code review External links:
Code review – OWASP
Title 6 Penal Code Review Flashcards | Quizlet
What are the best code review tools? | Software Engineering
Formal methods External links:
My first experience with formal methods | Hacker News
Formal Methods – Carnegie Mellon University
Tenth NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM 2018)
Single UNIX Specification External links:
Single UNIX Specification FAQ – The Open Group
The Single UNIX Specification Version — API Tables
Advanced Library Format External links:
CiteSeerX — A standard for an Advanced Library Format (ALF)
IEEE 802.11ay External links:
[PDF]IEEE 802.11ay: Next-generation 60 GHz …
Data model External links:
What is data modeling? Webopedia Definition
IEEE 802.11af External links:
Amendment in IEEE 802.11af™ Enables Geolocation …
[PDF]IEEE 802.11af and Locally Managed Databases
[PDF]IEEE 802.11af: A Standard for TV White Space Spectrum …
IEEE 802.21 External links:
[PDF]IEEE 802.21 Media Independent Handover (MIH)
RE: [802.21] IEEE 802.21 – DVB Integration Presentation
IEEE Standards Association – IEEE 802.21 Working Group
IEEE 802.18 External links:
[PDF]05-Nov-17 IEEE 802.18 – RR -TAG voting members Last …
IEEE Standards Association – IEEE 802.18 Radio Regulatory TAG
Norma IEEE 802.18 by Gio Gon on Prezi
Open Firmware External links:
Secrets of Open Firmware (PowerPC Macs) – YouTube
Open Firmware · GitHub
Link Layer Discovery Protocol External links:
[PDF]Link Layer Discovery Protocol – Media Endpoint …
[PDF]Configuring Link Layer Discovery Protocol on Avaya …
Tutorial: Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) – YouTube
Agile software development External links:
Agile Software Development with Team Foundation …
Introducing Agile Software Development
Systems engineering External links:
Intelligent Systems Engineering: Indiana University
Industrial & Systems Engineering | College of Engineering
Innoslate | PLM and Systems Engineering Tools
IEEE 1901 External links:
[PDF]IEEE 1901 Access System: An Overview of Its …
KL5BPLC200WMP Single Chip IEEE 1901 compliant HD …
http://The IEEE Std 1901-2010 is a standard for high speed (up to 500 Mbit/s at the physical layer) communication devices via electric power lines, often called broadband over power lines (BPL). The standard uses transmission frequencies below 100 MHz.
IEEE 802.11ax External links:
[1501.01496] IEEE 802.11ax: High-Efficiency WLANs – arXiv
[PDF]On Quality-of-Service Provisioning in IEEE 802.11ax …
http://www.eng.usf.edu/chen/pdf/6 IEEE Access 2016-10.pdf
Wireless Gigabit Alliance External links:
Wireless Gigabit Alliance Inc – GuideStar Profile
Capability Maturity Model Integration External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
Function model External links:
A power function model using R statistics – YouTube
IEEE 854-1987 External links:
IEEE 854-1987 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
IEEE 854-1987 Notes and differences
IEEE 854-1987 – WOW.com
Software archaeology External links:
Software Archaeology – codemag.com
Digging code: Software archaeology – TechRepublic
Software Archaeology • r/softarch – reddit.com
Data modeling External links:
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
| Peace, Love, Data Modeling
The Difference Between Data Analysis and Data Modeling
Stream Reservation Protocol External links:
IEEE 802.1: 802.1Qat – Stream Reservation Protocol
[PDF]IEEE802.1Qat: Stream Reservation Protocol
STREAM RESERVATION PROTOCOL FOR BRIDGED NETWORKS …
Data center bridging External links:
Data Center Bridging – go4hosting.in
Data Center Bridging (DCB) Overview – technet.microsoft.com
IEEE 802.11e-2005 External links:
IEEE 802.11e-2005 – WOW.com
IEEE 802.11e-2005 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Systems modeling External links:
[PDF]Introduction to Electrical Systems Modeling
military systems modeling | DCS Corp
Water Distribution Systems Modeling using EPANET | …
IEEE 1584 External links:
IEEE 1584 terminology | Electric Arc
The Best Is Yet To Come! IEEE 1584 Update | EC Mag
[PDF]IEEE 1584 Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations Standards …
Computer programming External links:
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM For Kids
Computer programming | Computing | Khan Academy
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
ISO 9000 External links:
How to Become ISO 9000 Certified | Chron.com
ISO 9000 – What Is ISO 9000? A Standards Series | ASQ
What is ISO 9000? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Edsger W. Dijkstra External links:
Edsger W. Dijkstra – A.M. Turing Award Winner
Edsger W. Dijkstra • IEEE Computer Society
What is Edsger W. Dijkstra famous for? – Quora
Software architecture External links:
Example: Software Architecture Document
Chapter 1: What is Software Architecture?
Embedded Software Architecture | Global | Ricoh
IEEE 802.6 External links:
Standard: IEEE 802.6 – Engineering Standards
Comparison of DQDB +/- and DQDB IEEE 802.6 protocols
[PDF]Implementation of an IEEE 802.6 Compliant Card for …
Functional specification External links:
Functional Specification – technet.microsoft.com
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
What Goes Into a Functional Specification? – Bridging the …
Resilient Packet Ring External links:
CiteSeerX — Resilient Packet Ring Low Priority Traffic …
IEEE 802.1X External links:
Configuring IEEE 802.1x Port-Based Authentication – Cisco
Windows 7 does not connect to an IEEE 802.1X …
Systems analysis External links:
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
SKM Systems Analysis, Inc. – Power System Software and …
Technology Services / Systems Analysis & Support
IEEE 802.11a-1999 External links:
IEEE 802.11a-1999 – WOW.com
IEEE 802.11a-1999 – 위키백과, 우리 모두의 백과사전
IEEE 802.11a-1999 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …