What is involved in Teradata
Find out what the related areas are that Teradata connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Teradata thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Teradata journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Teradata leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Teradata related domains to cover and 146 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Teradata, Open source, National Cash Register Building, Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings, AT&T Broadband, Verizon Communications, Hawthorn Hill, Advanced American Telephones, Lars Nyberg, NCR 315, Enterprise software, Aster Data Systems, Publicly traded, Public company, NCR 5380, IBM Db2, NCR Corporation, AT&T Wireless Services, Carbonless copy paper, Frontier California, Hybrid cloud, DEX One, Data warehousing, DBC 1012, NCR 53C9x, Hawaiian Telcom, The Hindu, SAP IQ, California Institute of Technology, Tyco International, U S WEST, Copient Technologies, American Stores, Britton Lee, Inc., Microsoft Azure, Massively parallel, Column-oriented DBMS, Unix System Laboratories, The San Diego Union-Tribune, NCR Book Award, Agere Systems, NCR VRX, New York Stock Exchange, Brentwood, California, Earnings before interest and taxes, Pacific Telesis, Ticker symbol, Big Data Partnership, Northern New England Spinco, NCR CRAM, S&P 400, US West, NCR Country Club, Dex Media, San Diego, AT&T Submarine Systems, Social media:
Teradata Critical Criteria:
Guide Teradata quality and know what your objective is.
– What are our needs in relation to Teradata skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Do the Teradata decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Teradata study?
Open source Critical Criteria:
Map Open source management and look for lots of ideas.
– Is there any open source personal cloud software which provides privacy and ease of use 1 click app installs cross platform html5?
– How much do political issues impact on the decision in open source projects and how does this ultimately impact on innovation?
– What are the different RDBMS (commercial and open source) options available in the cloud today?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Teradata project?
– Vetter, Infectious Open Source Software: Spreading Incentives or Promoting Resistance?
– What are some good open source projects for the internet of things?
– What are the best open source solutions for data loss prevention?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– Is there an open source alternative to adobe captivate?
– What can a cms do for an open source project?
– How is the value delivered by Teradata being measured?
– What are the open source alternatives to Moodle?
National Cash Register Building Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on National Cash Register Building tasks and transcribe National Cash Register Building as tomorrows backbone for success.
– For your Teradata project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does Teradata create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Teradata project?
Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings strategies and display thorough understanding of the Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings process.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Teradata processes?
– How do we manage Teradata Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How much does Teradata help?
AT&T Broadband Critical Criteria:
Grasp AT&T Broadband risks and balance specific methods for improving AT&T Broadband results.
– Will Teradata deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What is our Teradata Strategy?
Verizon Communications Critical Criteria:
Look at Verizon Communications risks and get the big picture.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Teradata product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are the disruptive Teradata technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we go about Comparing Teradata approaches/solutions?
Hawthorn Hill Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Hawthorn Hill planning and document what potential Hawthorn Hill megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Think about the functions involved in your Teradata project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are internal and external Teradata relations?
– How will you measure your Teradata effectiveness?
Advanced American Telephones Critical Criteria:
Study Advanced American Telephones leadership and differentiate in coordinating Advanced American Telephones.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Teradata products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Teradata forward?
Lars Nyberg Critical Criteria:
Dissect Lars Nyberg failures and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Lars Nyberg.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Teradata?
– What are the barriers to increased Teradata production?
– What are our Teradata Processes?
NCR 315 Critical Criteria:
Merge NCR 315 planning and cater for concise NCR 315 education.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Teradata processes?
– How can the value of Teradata be defined?
– Is a Teradata Team Work effort in place?
Enterprise software Critical Criteria:
Consider Enterprise software tactics and research ways can we become the Enterprise software company that would put us out of business.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Teradata?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
– Why is Teradata important for you now?
– Are there Teradata Models?
Aster Data Systems Critical Criteria:
Participate in Aster Data Systems tasks and get the big picture.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Teradata?
Publicly traded Critical Criteria:
Group Publicly traded leadership and define what our big hairy audacious Publicly traded goal is.
– Is there a Teradata Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do we have past Teradata Successes?
Public company Critical Criteria:
Depict Public company issues and oversee Public company management by competencies.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Teradata processes?
– Do those selected for the Teradata team have a good general understanding of what Teradata is all about?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Teradata effort?
NCR 5380 Critical Criteria:
Audit NCR 5380 engagements and check on ways to get started with NCR 5380.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Teradata? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What is Effective Teradata?
– How to Secure Teradata?
IBM Db2 Critical Criteria:
Survey IBM Db2 outcomes and get going.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Teradata leaders?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Teradata requirements in detail?
– Is Teradata Required?
NCR Corporation Critical Criteria:
Examine NCR Corporation decisions and reduce NCR Corporation costs.
– what is the best design framework for Teradata organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Among the Teradata product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Is Teradata dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
AT&T Wireless Services Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap AT&T Wireless Services visions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough AT&T Wireless Services results.
– To what extent does management recognize Teradata as a tool to increase the results?
– Is Supporting Teradata documentation required?
Carbonless copy paper Critical Criteria:
Understand Carbonless copy paper quality and triple focus on important concepts of Carbonless copy paper relationship management.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Teradata delivery for example is new software needed?
– In what ways are Teradata vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Frontier California Critical Criteria:
Refer to Frontier California visions and reduce Frontier California costs.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Teradata process?
Hybrid cloud Critical Criteria:
Administer Hybrid cloud quality and change contexts.
– Hybrid clouds have unique security requirements that legacy security cannot meet. Since traditional security tools provide limited visibility into cloud infrastructure, how are you going to protect what you can not see?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Teradata goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Teradata values?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Teradata that make it risky?
– What is the impact of hybrid cloud computing on i&o?
– Should we evaluate a hybrid cloud strategy?
– Can we accelerate DevOps with Hybrid Cloud?
– Are hybrid clouds in our future?
DEX One Critical Criteria:
Dissect DEX One strategies and correct better engagement with DEX One results.
– Have you identified your Teradata key performance indicators?
– Which Teradata goals are the most important?
Data warehousing Critical Criteria:
Adapt Data warehousing projects and customize techniques for implementing Data warehousing controls.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Teradata strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Does Teradata systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
DBC 1012 Critical Criteria:
Group DBC 1012 planning and assess and formulate effective operational and DBC 1012 strategies.
– Does Teradata analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
NCR 53C9x Critical Criteria:
Check NCR 53C9x engagements and get the big picture.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Teradata project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Teradata project lifecycle?
Hawaiian Telcom Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Hawaiian Telcom strategies and find answers.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Teradata?
– What business benefits will Teradata goals deliver if achieved?
– What are the business goals Teradata is aiming to achieve?
The Hindu Critical Criteria:
Understand The Hindu projects and change contexts.
– How do we Identify specific Teradata investment and emerging trends?
– What are current Teradata Paradigms?
SAP IQ Critical Criteria:
Sort SAP IQ quality and define SAP IQ competency-based leadership.
California Institute of Technology Critical Criteria:
Value California Institute of Technology outcomes and raise human resource and employment practices for California Institute of Technology.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Teradata strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Teradata objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Teradata?
Tyco International Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Tyco International tactics and research ways can we become the Tyco International company that would put us out of business.
U S WEST Critical Criteria:
Disseminate U S WEST projects and reduce U S WEST costs.
– What are the usability implications of Teradata actions?
Copient Technologies Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Copient Technologies strategies and find out.
American Stores Critical Criteria:
Inquire about American Stores engagements and get the big picture.
– How do we Improve Teradata service perception, and satisfaction?
Britton Lee, Inc. Critical Criteria:
Investigate Britton Lee, Inc. results and devise Britton Lee, Inc. key steps.
– Can we add value to the current Teradata decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Are assumptions made in Teradata stated explicitly?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Survey Microsoft Azure tasks and revise understanding of Microsoft Azure architectures.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Teradata move?
– What threat is Teradata addressing?
Massively parallel Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Massively parallel tasks and innovate what needs to be done with Massively parallel.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Teradata, including any consulting or professional services?
– What about Teradata Analysis of results?
Column-oriented DBMS Critical Criteria:
Coach on Column-oriented DBMS visions and mentor Column-oriented DBMS customer orientation.
– Does our organization need more Teradata education?
– Have all basic functions of Teradata been defined?
Unix System Laboratories Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Unix System Laboratories decisions and stake your claim.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Teradata services/products?
The San Diego Union-Tribune Critical Criteria:
Interpolate The San Diego Union-Tribune tasks and report on developing an effective The San Diego Union-Tribune strategy.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Teradata been identified and analyzed?
– Do Teradata rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
NCR Book Award Critical Criteria:
Frame NCR Book Award decisions and create a map for yourself.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Teradata workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Teradata opportunities costing us money?
Agere Systems Critical Criteria:
Meet over Agere Systems results and describe which business rules are needed as Agere Systems interface.
NCR VRX Critical Criteria:
Huddle over NCR VRX tactics and pay attention to the small things.
– What are the key elements of your Teradata performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
New York Stock Exchange Critical Criteria:
Steer New York Stock Exchange planning and describe the risks of New York Stock Exchange sustainability.
Brentwood, California Critical Criteria:
Participate in Brentwood, California leadership and report on the economics of relationships managing Brentwood, California and constraints.
– When a Teradata manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Earnings before interest and taxes Critical Criteria:
Talk about Earnings before interest and taxes tactics and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Earnings before interest and taxes.
– Consider your own Teradata project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What will drive Teradata change?
Pacific Telesis Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Pacific Telesis tasks and reduce Pacific Telesis costs.
– In a project to restructure Teradata outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Ticker symbol Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Ticker symbol outcomes and gather practices for scaling Ticker symbol.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Teradata agendas for the next 3 years?
– Are there Teradata problems defined?
Big Data Partnership Critical Criteria:
Pilot Big Data Partnership management and point out improvements in Big Data Partnership.
– How to deal with Teradata Changes?
Northern New England Spinco Critical Criteria:
Look at Northern New England Spinco management and develop and take control of the Northern New England Spinco initiative.
– How do we measure improved Teradata service perception, and satisfaction?
NCR CRAM Critical Criteria:
Focus on NCR CRAM engagements and display thorough understanding of the NCR CRAM process.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Teradata moving forward?
– What is our formula for success in Teradata ?
S&P 400 Critical Criteria:
Trace S&P 400 planning and transcribe S&P 400 as tomorrows backbone for success.
US West Critical Criteria:
Nurse US West visions and reduce US West costs.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Teradata in a volatile global economy?
NCR Country Club Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate NCR Country Club planning and prioritize challenges of NCR Country Club.
Dex Media Critical Criteria:
Match Dex Media planning and probe Dex Media strategic alliances.
– What are all of our Teradata domains and what do they do?
San Diego Critical Criteria:
Drive San Diego governance and overcome San Diego skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Teradata processes of our organization?
– How do we go about Securing Teradata?
AT&T Submarine Systems Critical Criteria:
Refer to AT&T Submarine Systems failures and find the ideas you already have.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Teradata. How do we gain traction?
– How do we maintain Teradatas Integrity?
Social media Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Social media leadership and be persistent.
– When you use social media to complain about a Customer Service issue, how often do you feel you get an answer or your complaint is resolved by the company?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Teradata is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– Do you have written guidelines for your use of social media and its use by your employees?
– Which of the following are reasons you use social media when it comes to Customer Service?
– In the past year, have you utilized social media to get a Customer Service response?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Teradata project manager?
– How would our PR, marketing, and social media change if we did not use outside agencies?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– What is the best way to integrate social media into existing CRM strategies?
– How have you defined R.O.I. from a social media perspective in the past?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– How will social media change Category Management and retail?
– Do you offer social media training services for clients?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Teradata Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Teradata External links:
Add title to view column – Teradata Community
column title | Teradata Downloads
title | Teradata Downloads
Open source External links:
http://In production and development, open source as a development model promotes a universal access via a free license to a product’s design or blueprint, and universal redistribution of that design or blueprint, including subsequent improvements to it by anyone. Before the phrase open source became widely adopted, developers and producers used a variety of other terms. Open source gained hold with the rise of the Internet, and the attendant need for massive retooling of the computing source code. Opening the source code enabled a self-enhancing diversity of production models, communication paths, and interactive communities. The open-source software movement arose to clarify the environment that the new copyright, licensing, domain, and consumer issues created. Generally, open source refers to a computer program in which the source code is available to the general public for use and/or modification from its original design. Open-source code is typically a collaborative effort where programmers improve upon the source code and share the changes within the community so that other members can help improve it further.
Open Source Center – Official Site
National Cash Register Building External links:
National Cash Register Building – WOW.com
National Cash Register building :: Image Collections
National Cash Register Building, 1939 NY World’s Fair | Flickr
Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings External links:
Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings
Frontier Communications ILEC Holdings – Infogalactic: …
Verizon Communications External links:
Verizon Communications Inc. Common Stock (VZ) – NASDAQ.com
VZ Verizon Communications Inc XNYS:VZ Stock Quote …
Verizon Communications Dividend Yield (TTM) (VZ)
Hawthorn Hill External links:
Hawthorn Hill House Cooperstown Dreams Park Weekly …
https://cooperstown.com/Hawthorn Hill/Hawthorn Hill House.html
Advanced American Telephones External links:
Advanced American Telephones – Infogalactic: the …
Amazon.com: Advanced American Telephones
Advanced American Telephones – YouTube
Lars Nyberg External links:
Remembering Lars Nyberg – GoFundMe
Lars Nyberg – IMDb
Remembering Lars Nyberg – Home | Facebook
Enterprise software External links:
Cloud Enterprise Software Specialized by Industry | Infor
Kadince – Enterprise software for financial institutions
Aster Data Systems External links:
Aster Data Systems | Crunchbase
Lyrics containing the term: aster data systems
https://www.lyrics.com/lyrics/aster data systems
Aster Data Systems- acquired by Teradata | Cresting Wave
Public company External links:
Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) – SEC.gov
Stony Hill Corp – Public Company | Stny Hill
IBM Db2 External links:
Use Excel’s Get & Transform (Power Query) experience to connect to an IBM DB2 database.
http://IBM DB2 for z/OS. (eBook, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
ibm db2 dba jobs | Dice.com
IBM DB2 | FileMaker Community
NCR Corporation External links:
Ncr Corporation – NCR – Stock Price Today – Zacks
NCR Corporation (NCR) Pre-Market Trading – NASDAQ.com
NCR Corporation – Home | Facebook
Carbonless copy paper External links:
Carbonless Copy Paper – Walmart.com
Amazon.com : Rite in the Rain All-Weather Copier Paper, 8 1/2″ x 11″, 20# White, 200 Sheet Pack (No. 8511) : Carbonless Copy Paper : Office Products
NCR Carbonless Copy Paper Manufacturers&Suppliers
Frontier California External links:
[PDF]FRONTIER CALIFORNIA INC. PRODUCT GUIDE …
Frontier California Gold Rush White Bean Chili
Hybrid cloud External links:
What is hybrid cloud? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Azure Stack – Hybrid Cloud | Microsoft Azure
StorSimple – Hybrid cloud storage | Microsoft Azure
DEX One External links:
Dex One Service, Inc. in Phoenix, AZ – Bizapedia.com
Data warehousing External links:
Data Warehousing for Business Intelligence | Coursera
Data warehousing (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Healthcare Analytics and Data Warehousing
Hawaiian Telcom External links:
Hawaiian Telcom Login
Hawaiian Telcom Marketplace | Hawaiian Telcom
Hawaiian Telcom Holdco, Inc. Common Stock (HCOM)
The Hindu External links:
The Hindu – Home | Facebook
STEP Test | Online English Test from The Hindu Group
Homepage – The Hindu Society of North Carolina (HSNC)
SAP IQ External links:
AWS Marketplace: SAP IQ
SAP IQ free downloads: Choose the right fit for you
California Institute of Technology External links:
[PDF]California Institute of Technology
[PDF]CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
SCIT Southern California Institute of Technology | …
Tyco International External links:
Tyco International Ltd. – SourceWatch
U S WEST External links:
[PDF]U S WEST Communications, Inc. Technical …
Copient Technologies External links:
Copient Technologies – Official Site
American Stores External links:
Gap to close 175 North American stores – Jun. 15, 2015
American Stores Limited
Gray’s American Stores AB, Skärholmen, Sweden. 7,146 likes · 81 talking about this · 15 were here. Join us at Gray’s and be part of our Foodie Network!
Britton Lee, Inc. External links:
SHAREBASE Trademark of BRITTON LEE, INC.. Serial …
Britton Lee, Inc. in Los Gatos, CA | Company Info & Reviews
Microsoft Azure External links:
Pricing Calculator | Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Microsoft Azure Documentation | Microsoft Docs
Massively parallel External links:
IBM Demos In-Memory Massively Parallel Computing – …
Massively Parallel Processing (DW)—a Technical …
Column-oriented DBMS External links:
[PDF]Materialization Strategies in a Column-Oriented DBMS
Column-oriented DBMS |THWACK
C-Store: A Column-oriented DBMS – citeseerx.ist.psu.edu
Unix System Laboratories External links:
UNIX System Laboratories (Author of Graphic User …
Books by UNIX System Laboratories (Author of Graphic …
The San Diego Union-Tribune External links:
The San Diego Union-Tribune – Home | Facebook
SignOnSanDiego.com | The San Diego Union-Tribune
Top Workplaces | The San Diego Union-Tribune
NCR Book Award External links:
NCR Book Award Shortlist | Book awards | LibraryThing
NCR Book Award images, pictures, videos & interesting facts
NCR Book Award – WOW.com
Agere Systems External links:
This package supports the following driver models:Agere Systems USB 2.0 Soft Modem
AGERE SYSTEMS INC (AGR’A) IPO – NASDAQ.com
Agere Systems HDA Modem by LSI – Should I Remove It?
New York Stock Exchange External links:
NYSE: STC – New York Stock Exchange
New York Stock Exchange – NYSE Definition | Investopedia
NYSE Holiday Schedule 2017-2018 | New York Stock Exchange
Pacific Telesis External links:
Ticker symbol External links:
Citi | Investor Relations | Citigroup Stock – Ticker Symbol C
What is a ticker symbol? definition and meaning
Ticker Symbol Lookup – NASDAQ.com
Northern New England Spinco External links:
NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND SPINCO INC. Top Holdings
About: Northern New England Spinco – DBpedia
US West External links:
NCR Country Club External links:
NCR Country Club – Golfweek Junior Tour – BlueGolf
NCR Country Club – Google+ – plus.google.com
NCR Country Club – Home | Facebook
Dex Media External links:
886 Dex Media reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
DEX MEDIA: Login, Bill Pay, Customer Service and Care …
Social media External links:
Social Media Engagement App | Post Planner
U.S. Army Social Media