What is involved in Capability management
Find out what the related areas are that Capability management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Capability management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Capability management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Capability management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Capability management related domains to cover and 115 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Capability management, Acronym, Balanced Scorecard, Business, Capability-based security, Capability, Capability approach, Capability management in business, Defense, Department of Defense Architecture Framework, Doctrine, Leader development, Management, Materiel, Military personnel, Operations research, Requirements:
Capability management Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Capability management governance and separate what are the business goals Capability management is aiming to achieve.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Capability management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Think of your Capability management project. what are the main functions?
Acronym Critical Criteria:
Consider Acronym adoptions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Acronym.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Capability management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Capability management?
– What business benefits will Capability management goals deliver if achieved?
Balanced Scorecard Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Balanced Scorecard planning and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Balanced Scorecard projects.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Among the Capability management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Capability management agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we go about Securing Capability management?
Business Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Business strategies and prioritize challenges of Business.
– How do interorganizational and interpersonal networks affect our strategic adaptive capability in a transition economy?
– Have you documented your needs based on your businesss strengths and weaknesses and shared them with your partner(s)?
– What is the biggest value proposition for new BI or analytics functionality at your company?
– What are the most common applications of business intelligence BI technology solutions?
– Does your bi solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– What are the best UI frameworks for Business Intelligence Applications?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– Which business environmental factors did lead to our use of CRM?
– What percentage of enterprise apps will be web based in 3 years?
– Are both supplier and buyer aligned in their respective visions?
– What types of courses do you run and what are their durations?
– Will the organization business benefit from the migration?
– How can data extraction from dashboards be automated?
– Why do we need business intelligence?
– What is joint and several liability?
– How do we manage business relations?
– How are you going to manage?
Capability-based security Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Capability-based security leadership and interpret which customers can’t participate in Capability-based security because they lack skills.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Capability management project?
– How important is Capability management to the user organizations mission?
– Can we do Capability management without complex (expensive) analysis?
Capability Critical Criteria:
Define Capability tactics and report on the economics of relationships managing Capability and constraints.
– Workforce Change Management How do you prepare your workforce for changing capability and capacity needs? How do you manage your workforce, its needs, and your needs to ensure continuity, prevent workforce reductions, and minimize the impact of workforce reductions, if they do become necessary? How do you prepare for and manage periods of workforce growth?
– Are items which are not calibrated to their full capability or which require functional check only labeled to indicate the applicable condition?
– How quickly can a cloud service provider scale services and capability and is this quick enough for the requirements of the customer/consumer?
– How quickly can a cloud service provider scale services and capability and is this quick enough for the requirements of the customer/consumer?
– Do we have a log monitoring capability with analytics and alertingalso known as continuous monitoring?
– Has the appropriate access to relevant data and analysis capability been granted?
– Do you have the capability to measure cost per lead or cost per acquisition?
– What are all of our Capability management domains and what do they do?
– Does It Fit With Our Culture, Capability And Desires?
– Can the cloud provide us a search capability easily?
– What is the logging capability for audit purposes?
– Is unnecessary capability harmful?
– What is a Capability?
Capability approach Critical Criteria:
Study Capability approach tactics and be persistent.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Capability management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Capability management project lifecycle?
– Is there a Capability management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Is Capability management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Capability management in business Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Capability management in business tactics and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Capability management in business projects.
– Which customers cant participate in our Capability management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– In what ways are Capability management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Are assumptions made in Capability management stated explicitly?
Defense Critical Criteria:
Examine Defense projects and report on the economics of relationships managing Defense and constraints.
– Do you participate in sharing communication, analysis, and mitigation measures with other companies as part of a mutual network of defense?
– Does Capability management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Does the IT Risk Management framework align to a three lines of defense model?
– What are the short and long-term Capability management goals?
– Are there Capability management problems defined?
– How Strong do the Defenses need to Be?
Department of Defense Architecture Framework Critical Criteria:
Consult on Department of Defense Architecture Framework management and shift your focus.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Capability management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– For your Capability management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How do we keep improving Capability management?
Doctrine Critical Criteria:
Rank Doctrine governance and track iterative Doctrine results.
– Think about the people you identified for your Capability management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Capability management process?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Capability management processes of our organization?
Leader development Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Leader development adoptions and develop and take control of the Leader development initiative.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Capability management project?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Capability management activities?
– Is Capability management Required?
Management Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Management tactics and get going.
– What tools specific functionality do clients use the most often in data management to what degree and for what use case?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– Evaluate changes made at endpoints against established identity policies before synchronizing them across systems?
– What is the optimal relationship between Product Management Category Management and Marketing?
– In your opinion, how effective is your company at conducting the risk management activities?
– Is there disagreement or conflict about a decision/choice or course of action to be taken?
– Does the source-code inventory report list the products to be delivered to the customer?
– Could a system or security malfunction or unavailability result in injury or death?
– What are the main costs associated with introducing Service Management?
– What naming conventions/schema will be used for your data, if any?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– How well are you able to provide consistent service delivery?
– How much data is the right amount of data to collect?
– What tasks are required to implement each strategy?
– Do we provide means of determining our customers?
– How do you structure your account teams?
– Why investigate other systems?
– How do we prioritize risks?
– What about quality control?
Materiel Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Materiel quality and point out improvements in Materiel.
– How is the value delivered by Capability management being measured?
– Why is Capability management important for you now?
– What will drive Capability management change?
Military personnel Critical Criteria:
Use past Military personnel risks and intervene in Military personnel processes and leadership.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Capability management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Capability management process available?
– What is the purpose of Capability management in relation to the mission?
– How much does Capability management help?
Operations research Critical Criteria:
Guide Operations research leadership and document what potential Operations research megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Capability management project?
– What are current Capability management Paradigms?
Requirements Critical Criteria:
Test Requirements failures and ask what if.
– Many times we look for new applications to meet our business needs – requirements are defined, software is evaluated, software selected, software configuration begins – Ready Set Go! More like Ready, Set, but what about the data?
– What are the requirements for continuity of mail services, such as those specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
– How can there be a successful development project outcome if all of the requirements are not fully understood and agreed upon?
– Is your organizations business affected by regulatory restrictions on data/servers localisation requirements?
– What are the requirements/goals for consumers and for providers of storage services in a cloud environment?
– Do you believe that additional principles and requirements are necessary for IoT applications?
– Does it increase the risk that the organization cannot meet its customer requirements?
– Do the requirements satisfy the intent and all key items of the need?
– Are requirements abstract enough and can they change within limits?
– What are the actions that are required to meet the security requirements?
– How to you ensure compliance with client legal requirements?
– What performance requirements do you want from the company?
– Is the data secured in accordance with FISMA requirements?
– Training requirements: which workshops do I need to take?
– Are all identified requirements allocated to test cases?
– What continuity of care requirements will ACOs have?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Capability management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Capability management External links:
What is business capability management? – Quora
Capability Management – Center For Talent Reporting
Acronym External links:
1,126 Professional Title acronyms and abbreviations
What is acronym? – Definition from WhatIs.com
What does TITLE stand for? – All Acronyms
Balanced Scorecard External links:
How to Create a Balanced Scorecard: 10 Steps (with Pictures)
Balanced Scorecard – Investopedia
Balanced Scorecard Software by QuickScore
Business External links:
Small Business Administration – Official Site
Capability-based security External links:
What is CAPABILITY-BASED SECURITY? What does …
capability-based security • r/capabilities – reddit
Capability External links:
http://Best-in-class payload, best-in-class GCWR, best-in-class towing, best-in-class 5th wheel/gooseneck towing, and the list goes on for Ford® Super Duty capability.
2017 Ram 3500 Heavy Duty Trucks – Capability & Performance
2018 Ford® Super Duty Truck | Capability Features | Ford.com
Capability approach External links:
The Capability Approach (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
SEN’S CAPABILITY APPROACH AND GENDER …
Capability management in business External links:
Capability management in business – Revolvy
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Capability management in business
Defense External links:
Title Defense | SRAM
Research Title Defense by Izza Puey on Prezi
Defense Travel System – DTS
Department of Defense Architecture Framework External links:
Department of Defense Architecture Framework …
Doctrine External links:
Doctrine – Crossword Clue Answer | Crossword Heaven
Truman Doctrine is announced – Mar 12, 1947 – HISTORY.com
Monroe Doctrine – Facts & Summary – HISTORY.com
Leader development External links:
Events, Training & Leader Development
Leader Development & Education for Sustained Peace
Leader Development – cpms.osd.mil
Management External links:
Motor Vehicle Title Management – Lien Solutions
Title Management Group, Inc. – NOLA.com
Title Management Inc.
Military personnel External links:
Transcripts for Military Personnel – acenet.edu
NCDOT: Military Personnel
Military Personnel Records | National Archives
Operations research External links:
Operations research (Book, 1974) [WorldCat.org]
Operations Research on JSTOR
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Requirements External links:
motor vehicle titling requirements – Missouri
[PDF]Title Requirements – Chicago Title of Colorado