What is involved in lean thinking
Find out what the related areas are that lean thinking connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a lean thinking thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its lean thinking journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward lean thinking leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which lean thinking related domains to cover and 24 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
lean thinking, Kaizen, Kanban, Push–pull strategy, Takt time, Taylorism, Toyota Production System:
lean thinking Critical Criteria:
Give examples of lean thinking outcomes and document what potential lean thinking megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of lean thinking into the services that we provide?
– What notable similarities and differences exist among systems thinking lean thinking and the theory of constraints?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to lean thinking?
– What are the Key enablers to make this lean thinking move?
Kaizen Critical Criteria:
Generalize Kaizen strategies and report on the economics of relationships managing Kaizen and constraints.
– How do we ensure that implementations of lean thinking products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is a lean thinking Team Work effort in place?
Kanban Critical Criteria:
Think about Kanban failures and look in other fields.
– What is the best online tool for Agile development using Kanban?
– Do we use kanban, and know how it compares to scrum?
– How do we Lead with lean thinking in Mind?
– Does Kanban work for UX Design?
Push–pull strategy Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Push–pull strategy strategies and ask what if.
– Which customers cant participate in our lean thinking domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What is the source of the strategies for lean thinking strengthening and reform?
– Why is lean thinking important for you now?
Takt time Critical Criteria:
Survey Takt time adoptions and check on ways to get started with Takt time.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the lean thinking requirements in detail?
– How do we manage lean thinking Knowledge Management (KM)?
Taylorism Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Taylorism management and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Taylorism.
– Does lean thinking include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Think of your lean thinking project. what are the main functions?
– How to deal with lean thinking Changes?
Toyota Production System Critical Criteria:
Devise Toyota Production System engagements and get the big picture.
– Which lean thinking goals are the most important?
– Who sets the lean thinking standards?
– Are there lean thinking Models?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the lean thinking Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
lean thinking External links:
Lean Thinking, 2nd Edition
Kaizen External links:
The Kaizen Way to Wellness | Dr. Tomas Hemgren
Kanban External links:
Kanban board for VSTS & TFS content | Microsoft Docs
Kanban – A brief introduction | Atlassian
Kanban Software for Lean Project Management | LeanKit
Takt time External links:
Takt Time Calculation – Takt Time Calculator
What is the definition of takt time? – Quora
Takt Time – a vision for Lean Manufacturing
Taylorism External links:
No. 2683: Taylorism – University of Houston
Medical Taylorism | NEJM
Taylorism | Definition of Taylorism by Merriam-Webster
Toyota Production System External links:
[PDF]TOYOTA PRODUCTION SYSTEM BASIC …
Lean Manufacturing and the Toyota Production System
Toyota Production System (TPS) Terminology