What is involved in Architecting Critical Systems
Find out what the related areas are that Architecting Critical Systems connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Architecting Critical Systems thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Architecting Critical Systems journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Architecting Critical Systems leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Architecting Critical Systems related domains to cover and 165 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Architecting Critical Systems, Systems architect, Acceptance test, Business analyst, Commercial off-the-shelf, Computer hardware, Computer model, Computer security, Computer shortcut, Cost–benefit analysis, Criminal proceedings, Eberhardt Rechtin, Enterprise architect, Enterprise architecture, File allocation table, Hardware architecture, Human factors and ergonomics, Information and communications technology, Information transfer, Operational definition, Quality control, Reliability engineering, Requirements analysis, Requirements engineering, Safety engineering, Service-oriented modeling, Software architecture, Software engineering, Systems Engineer, Systems Engineering, Systems architecture, Systems design, Systems modeling, Test engineers, Test method, User guide, Well defined:
Architecting Critical Systems Critical Criteria:
Generalize Architecting Critical Systems risks and probe Architecting Critical Systems strategic alliances.
– Think about the functions involved in your Architecting Critical Systems project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Architecting Critical Systems delivery for example is new software needed?
– Are accountability and ownership for Architecting Critical Systems clearly defined?
Systems architect Critical Criteria:
Merge Systems architect issues and get the big picture.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Architecting Critical Systems project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the disruptive Architecting Critical Systems technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Is there any existing Architecting Critical Systems governance structure?
Acceptance test Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Acceptance test results and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Acceptance test services.
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Architecting Critical Systems project?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
Business analyst Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Business analyst tasks and learn.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Architecting Critical Systems processes?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Architecting Critical Systems? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are typical responsibilities of someone in the role of Business Analyst?
– What is the difference between a Business Architect and a Business Analyst?
– Do business analysts know the cost of feature addition or modification?
– What will drive Architecting Critical Systems change?
Commercial off-the-shelf Critical Criteria:
Depict Commercial off-the-shelf failures and report on setting up Commercial off-the-shelf without losing ground.
– Is sufficient schedule time allocated to allow for dependencies on commercial off-the-shelf cots product deliveries?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Architecting Critical Systems leaders?
Computer hardware Critical Criteria:
Model after Computer hardware visions and triple focus on important concepts of Computer hardware relationship management.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Architecting Critical Systems been identified and analyzed?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Architecting Critical Systems requirements in detail?
– Is Supporting Architecting Critical Systems documentation required?
Computer model Critical Criteria:
Reason over Computer model projects and explore and align the progress in Computer model.
– Consider your own Architecting Critical Systems project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Does Architecting Critical Systems create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we go about Comparing Architecting Critical Systems approaches/solutions?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Recall Computer security projects and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Computer security results.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Do those selected for the Architecting Critical Systems team have a good general understanding of what Architecting Critical Systems is all about?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Architecting Critical Systems Management?
Computer shortcut Critical Criteria:
Drive Computer shortcut failures and transcribe Computer shortcut as tomorrows backbone for success.
– In what ways are Architecting Critical Systems vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Architecting Critical Systems project?
– Are there recognized Architecting Critical Systems problems?
Cost–benefit analysis Critical Criteria:
Track Cost–benefit analysis goals and improve Cost–benefit analysis service perception.
– Which customers cant participate in our Architecting Critical Systems domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– For your Architecting Critical Systems project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What vendors make products that address the Architecting Critical Systems needs?
Criminal proceedings Critical Criteria:
Track Criminal proceedings projects and spearhead techniques for implementing Criminal proceedings.
– Can we add value to the current Architecting Critical Systems decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How much does Architecting Critical Systems help?
Eberhardt Rechtin Critical Criteria:
Define Eberhardt Rechtin decisions and summarize a clear Eberhardt Rechtin focus.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Architecting Critical Systems? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Who will provide the final approval of Architecting Critical Systems deliverables?
Enterprise architect Critical Criteria:
Guard Enterprise architect strategies and get answers.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Architecting Critical Systems process?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Architecting Critical Systems effort?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– How do enterprise architects use the Zachman Framework?
– What skills are specific to Enterprise Architect role?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– Are we Assessing Architecting Critical Systems and Risk?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Enterprise architecture governance and point out Enterprise architecture tensions in leadership.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Architecting Critical Systems agendas for the next 3 years?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Architecting Critical Systems moving forward?
– Who sets the Architecting Critical Systems standards?
File allocation table Critical Criteria:
Graph File allocation table management and get out your magnifying glass.
– What about Architecting Critical Systems Analysis of results?
– How to deal with Architecting Critical Systems Changes?
Hardware architecture Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Hardware architecture tactics and gather Hardware architecture models .
– Does Architecting Critical Systems analysis show the relationships among important Architecting Critical Systems factors?
– How likely is the current Architecting Critical Systems plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Think of your Architecting Critical Systems project. what are the main functions?
Human factors and ergonomics Critical Criteria:
Boost Human factors and ergonomics management and get answers.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Architecting Critical Systems objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are the long-term Architecting Critical Systems goals?
Information and communications technology Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Information and communications technology leadership and interpret which customers can’t participate in Information and communications technology because they lack skills.
– What are the business goals Architecting Critical Systems is aiming to achieve?
– How do we maintain Architecting Critical Systemss Integrity?
Information transfer Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Information transfer governance and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Information transfer information.
– How will you know that the Architecting Critical Systems project has been successful?
Operational definition Critical Criteria:
Examine Operational definition projects and shift your focus.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Architecting Critical Systems project?
– How do we Identify specific Architecting Critical Systems investment and emerging trends?
– How can skill-level changes improve Architecting Critical Systems?
Quality control Critical Criteria:
Discuss Quality control visions and pioneer acquisition of Quality control systems.
– Is the Quality Assurance function recognized to be different from implicit and continuous quality control during fabrication, in that it is discrete, explicit following production, and ignores the sequence or nature of the fabrication steps or processes?
– Do we conduct regular data quality audits to ensure that our strategies for enforcing quality control are up-to-date and that any corrective measures undertaken in the past have been successful in improving Data Quality?
– Have we established unit(s) whose primary responsibility is internal audit, Quality Assurance, internal control or quality control?
– Does Architecting Critical Systems systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What policies do we need to develop or enhance to ensure the quality control of data gathered?
– What quality control measures will be used to ensure the program progresses as planned?
– Do we regularly review and update its Data Quality control procedures?
– Are regulatory inspections considered part of quality control?
– What is your quality control system?
– What about quality control? Defects?
– What about quality control?
Reliability engineering Critical Criteria:
Merge Reliability engineering outcomes and achieve a single Reliability engineering view and bringing data together.
– What threat is Architecting Critical Systems addressing?
Requirements analysis Critical Criteria:
Check Requirements analysis strategies and get out your magnifying glass.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Architecting Critical Systems activities?
– What is our Architecting Critical Systems Strategy?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Guide Requirements engineering failures and budget for Requirements engineering challenges.
– How important is Architecting Critical Systems to the user organizations mission?
– How to Secure Architecting Critical Systems?
Safety engineering Critical Criteria:
Judge Safety engineering adoptions and find the essential reading for Safety engineering researchers.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Architecting Critical Systems activities?
Service-oriented modeling Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Service-oriented modeling engagements and describe which business rules are needed as Service-oriented modeling interface.
– Does Architecting Critical Systems include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Architecting Critical Systems does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Derive from Software architecture strategies and balance specific methods for improving Software architecture results.
– When a Architecting Critical Systems manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is Architecting Critical Systems Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Does our organization need more Architecting Critical Systems education?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Read up on Software engineering results and customize techniques for implementing Software engineering controls.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Do we monitor the Architecting Critical Systems decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– How do we Improve Architecting Critical Systems service perception, and satisfaction?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Systems Engineer Critical Criteria:
Test Systems Engineer strategies and drive action.
– The approach of traditional Architecting Critical Systems works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– How will we know when our design effort has produced a solution which will satisfy the objectives within the constraints?
– Does the deployment schedule call for installations at a typically rainy time of year?
– Do we have confidence in the reliability and robustness of the systems we design?
– Typical concerns on the design side: what is the required functionality?
– Is the funding for the project secure, or is only part of it in place?
– What are the elements and the high-level capabilities of the system?
– Is systems engineering the solution to all of our systems problems?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– What is the problem or opportunity addressed by the system?
– Is there a commitment from the top down?
– How well should the system perform?
– Why model-based architectures?
– Why use systems engineering?
– Multiple development cycles?
– Deliver interim releases?
Systems Engineering Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Systems Engineering failures and change contexts.
– What happens if new needs (or more likely new requirements) are identified after the final needs or requirements have been developed?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– What will take the place of magnitude in our attempts to discern a power-law relationship?
– How are you going to know that the system is performing correctly once it is operational?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
– Why has systems engineering emerged as a distinct discipline?
– What is the sequence of activities that will be performed?
– Does the requirement have a verification method assigned?
– How do functions occur between parts of the system?
– What policies are currently being implemented?
– What parts are connected to each other?
– What priorities are appropriate?
– How does it all fit together?
– Right implementation?
Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Systems architecture tasks and drive action.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Architecting Critical Systems, including any consulting or professional services?
– To what extent does management recognize Architecting Critical Systems as a tool to increase the results?
Systems design Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Systems design decisions and test out new things.
– Is a technical solution for data loss prevention -i.e., systems designed to automatically monitor for data leakage -considered essential to enterprise risk management?
– Among the Architecting Critical Systems product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Does Architecting Critical Systems analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Systems modeling quality and define what do we need to start doing with Systems modeling.
– Who needs to know about Architecting Critical Systems ?
Test engineers Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Test engineers management and get answers.
– What is the source of the strategies for Architecting Critical Systems strengthening and reform?
Test method Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Test method adoptions and explore and align the progress in Test method.
– Do the Architecting Critical Systems decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Can we do Architecting Critical Systems without complex (expensive) analysis?
User guide Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for User guide management and cater for concise User guide education.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Architecting Critical Systems information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Is Architecting Critical Systems dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Well defined Critical Criteria:
Analyze Well defined tasks and get going.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Architecting Critical Systems in a volatile global economy?
– Are the customer segments for the product well defined, e.g. in terms of industry line, company size, buyer type (CEO/board level individual vs. human resource manager), geography etc?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Architecting Critical Systems Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Systems architect External links:
Systems Architect Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Systems Architect Salary – PayScale
Job: Systems Architect, SME | StellarPeak Corp.
Acceptance test External links:
What is User Acceptance Testing (UAT)? – Definition …
Difference between acceptance test and functional test?
Business analyst External links:
Business Analyst Job Description Examples | Indeed.com
Title Business Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Commercial off-the-shelf External links:
[PPT]COMMERCIAL OFF-THE-SHELF (COTS)
COTS Commercial Off-The-Shelf – ALTER TECHNOLOGY
Computer hardware External links:
17-2061.00 – Computer Hardware Engineers – O*NET OnLine
Computer Hardware Inc – Official Site
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
Computer model External links:
How to Find a Computer Model Number | Techwalla.com
Computer model reveals Essure’s pregnancy risk – Futurity
Get computer model – Windows command line
Computer security External links:
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
Best Computer Security | Security Software Companies| Softex
Improve computer security – support.microsoft.com
Computer shortcut External links:
All Computer Shortcut Keys Collections at one place.
Apple computer shortcut keys
Criminal proceedings External links:
CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS IN SCOTLAND 2014-15
Eberhardt Rechtin External links:
[PDF]Save-The-Date: 2017 Eberhardt Rechtin Keynote …
Enterprise architect External links:
Enterprise Architect, IT Salary – PayScale
Certifications – Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architect – Pricing and Purchasing
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture – EA – Gartner IT Glossary
Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) | The White House
File allocation table External links:
[PDF]FAT, File Allocation Table – Data Recovery Training
What is FAT (File Allocation Table)? – Computer Hope
File Allocation Table – YouTube
Hardware architecture External links:
Programming Education and Hardware Architecture …
Parallel Hardware Architecture – Oracle
Zynq Hardware Architecture Highlights – YouTube
Human factors and ergonomics External links:
Human factors and ergonomics in the emergency …
Human Factors and Ergonomics Master’s Degree Program | …
Information and communications technology External links:
[PDF]Information and communications technology …
“Information and Communications Technology Utilization …
Operational definition External links:
Operational Definition | Encyclopedia of Psychology
Operational Definition – Template & Example
Operational Definition of Behavior – ThoughtCo
Quality control External links:
Quality Control | Food and Nutrition Service
[PDF]6 QUALITY CONTROL PROCEDURES – IN.gov
Reliability engineering External links:
Reliability Engineering | ScienceDirect.com
Reliability Engineering | ASQ
Google – Site Reliability Engineering
Requirements analysis External links:
Business Requirements Analysis – Project Management …
Activity 3 – Requirements Analysis | SDLC
[PDF]VIII. Requirements Analysis – University of Toronto
Requirements engineering External links:
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – NIST
Safety engineering External links:
Safety Engineering and Claims Management – sectn.com
Service-oriented modeling External links:
Service-Oriented Modeling Framework™ (SOMF™) >>> …
SERVICE-ORIENTED MODELING – AN ANALYTICAL …
Software architecture External links:
Example: Software Architecture Document
TRIZ for software architecture – ScienceDirect
Software Architecture: Meta and SOLID Principles in C# – …
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Systems Engineer External links:
Systems Engineer Jobs – Jobs at SAIC
Systems Engineering External links:
Industrial, Manufacturing, & Systems Engineering – UTA
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Systems Engineering Services
Systems architecture External links:
Systems Architecture Guild – YouTube
Systems Architecture Ch 11/13 Flashcards | Quizlet
Systems design External links:
Training Systems Design
Aerospace Systems Design Laboratory | Georgia Tech
Systems modeling External links:
Complex Adaptive Systems Modeling | Home page
Permedia Petroleum Systems Modeling – Landmark Solutions
Water Distribution Systems Modeling using EPANET | …
Test engineers External links:
The American Society of Test Engineers, Inc. (ASTE) Home …
Find QA Manual Test Engineers Jobs – hired.com
Must Know QA Interview Questions for Senior Test Engineers
Test method External links:
Fall-of-potential test method – Fluke Corporation
User guide External links:
Nexia User Guide for Trane Thermostat
[PDF]Cisco IP Phone 7960 and 7940 Series User Guide
What is a user guide – Answers.com