What is involved in Technology roadmapping
Find out what the related areas are that Technology roadmapping connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Technology roadmapping thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Technology roadmapping journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Technology roadmapping leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Technology roadmapping related domains to cover and 91 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Technology roadmapping, Technology roadmap, ABB Group, Business development, Business plan, Class diagram, Corporate strategy, Emerging technologies, Enterprise systems engineering, Fuzzy Front End, Information technology planning, Planning horizon, Project network, Requirement prioritization, Resource allocation, Scenario planning, Strategic business unit, Strategic management, Strategic planning, Strategic technology plan, System requirements, Systemic change, Technology forecasting, Technology life cycle, Technology scouting, Vision statement, Work breakdown structure:
Technology roadmapping Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Technology roadmapping outcomes and create a map for yourself.
– In the case of a Technology roadmapping project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Technology roadmapping project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Technology roadmapping project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Are there Technology roadmapping problems defined?
– How to deal with Technology roadmapping Changes?
Technology roadmap Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Technology roadmap strategies and find answers.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Technology roadmapping is underway?
– What are our needs in relation to Technology roadmapping skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Does the Technology roadmapping task fit the clients priorities?
ABB Group Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap ABB Group projects and report on developing an effective ABB Group strategy.
– What are the key elements of your Technology roadmapping performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Does Technology roadmapping analysis show the relationships among important Technology roadmapping factors?
– Do the Technology roadmapping decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Business development Critical Criteria:
Think about Business development risks and work towards be a leading Business development expert.
– How likely is the current Technology roadmapping plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Technology roadmapping study?
– Does Technology roadmapping analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Business plan Critical Criteria:
Examine Business plan projects and optimize Business plan leadership as a key to advancement.
– Its important to reach your customers. Every business, if wise, will have a promotion and advertising plan. You need to consider the image you want to project to your customers about your business. Will your business stand out because you are a proven a leader in the service or product industry by providing innovative services or products, or you provide customer confidence by providing high quality Customer Service?
– what is the best design framework for Technology roadmapping organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Technology roadmapping activities?
– How will you know that the Technology roadmapping project has been successful?
– Have Business Plans with your Critical Preferred Vendors?
– Do you need to develop a Human Resources manual?
– How do you plan to address Customer Service?
– Do we offer Superior Customer Service?
Class diagram Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Class diagram strategies and devise Class diagram key steps.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Technology roadmapping process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Technology roadmapping process available?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Technology roadmapping services/products?
– What are the short and long-term Technology roadmapping goals?
Corporate strategy Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Corporate strategy visions and learn.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Technology roadmapping project manager?
– Has MD initiatives been matched to the corporate strategy?
– Why should we adopt a Technology roadmapping framework?
Emerging technologies Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Emerging technologies engagements and revise understanding of Emerging technologies architectures.
– Do you have a good understanding of emerging technologies and business trends that are vital for the management of IT risks in a fast-changing environment?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Technology roadmapping processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Technology roadmapping agendas for the next 3 years?
– To what extent does management recognize Technology roadmapping as a tool to increase the results?
– Has the impact of emerging technologies on the product been considered?
Enterprise systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Enterprise systems engineering tasks and overcome Enterprise systems engineering skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Technology roadmapping workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do we all define Technology roadmapping in the same way?
Fuzzy Front End Critical Criteria:
Define Fuzzy Front End leadership and prioritize challenges of Fuzzy Front End.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Technology roadmapping strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Do we monitor the Technology roadmapping decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are the usability implications of Technology roadmapping actions?
Information technology planning Critical Criteria:
Merge Information technology planning management and find out.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Technology roadmapping values?
Planning horizon Critical Criteria:
Infer Planning horizon visions and finalize the present value of growth of Planning horizon.
– What business benefits will Technology roadmapping goals deliver if achieved?
– Why are Technology roadmapping skills important?
Project network Critical Criteria:
Match Project network tactics and innovate what needs to be done with Project network.
– Does Technology roadmapping include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How would one define Technology roadmapping leadership?
– How do we keep improving Technology roadmapping?
Requirement prioritization Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Requirement prioritization projects and figure out ways to motivate other Requirement prioritization users.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Technology roadmapping delivery for example is new software needed?
– Are there Technology roadmapping Models?
Resource allocation Critical Criteria:
Guide Resource allocation tasks and handle a jump-start course to Resource allocation.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Technology roadmapping experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are current Technology roadmapping Paradigms?
Scenario planning Critical Criteria:
Participate in Scenario planning tasks and explain and analyze the challenges of Scenario planning.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Technology roadmapping information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Technology roadmapping opportunities costing us money?
Strategic business unit Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Strategic business unit projects and report on the economics of relationships managing Strategic business unit and constraints.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Technology roadmapping?
– What are all of our Technology roadmapping domains and what do they do?
– Who needs to know about Technology roadmapping ?
Strategic management Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Strategic management strategies and devote time assessing Strategic management and its risk.
– Will Technology roadmapping have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Among the Technology roadmapping product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Strategic planning Critical Criteria:
Analyze Strategic planning planning and give examples utilizing a core of simple Strategic planning skills.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Technology roadmapping been identified and analyzed?
– Is Technology roadmapping Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Can we do Technology roadmapping without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Are the data relevant to the strategic planning needs of the company?
Strategic technology plan Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Strategic technology plan strategies and innovate what needs to be done with Strategic technology plan.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Technology roadmapping project?
– How do we go about Comparing Technology roadmapping approaches/solutions?
System requirements Critical Criteria:
Communicate about System requirements strategies and transcribe System requirements as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Does Technology roadmapping systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is maximizing Technology roadmapping protection the same as minimizing Technology roadmapping loss?
– What are the long-term Technology roadmapping goals?
Systemic change Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Systemic change failures and secure Systemic change creativity.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Technology roadmapping is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are internal and external Technology roadmapping relations?
Technology forecasting Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Technology forecasting engagements and grade techniques for implementing Technology forecasting controls.
– How can you negotiate Technology roadmapping successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Technology roadmapping objectives?
Technology life cycle Critical Criteria:
Participate in Technology life cycle tasks and arbitrate Technology life cycle techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Think of your Technology roadmapping project. what are the main functions?
Technology scouting Critical Criteria:
Survey Technology scouting risks and get out your magnifying glass.
– Does Technology roadmapping create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Technology roadmapping with what users do day-to-day?
Vision statement Critical Criteria:
Administer Vision statement quality and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Vision statement projects.
– Do you have a copy of the current mission and vision statements, and portions of the strategic plan or objective related to this ERM project?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Technology roadmapping forward?
– Are business goals and objectives a direct translation of the companys vision statement?
– What is our formula for success in Technology roadmapping ?
– How do we go about Securing Technology roadmapping?
– Do you have a vision statement?
– What is our Vision Statement?
– What is our Vision Statement?
Work breakdown structure Critical Criteria:
Chat re Work breakdown structure governance and overcome Work breakdown structure skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do we measure improved Technology roadmapping service perception, and satisfaction?
– Explain in detail the Work Breakdown Structure?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Technology roadmapping Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Technology roadmapping External links:
Technology Roadmapping – IACMI
Technology roadmapping architecture based on …
Technology roadmap External links:
Log In to LOCUS: Technology Roadmap: Loyola University …
Free Technology Roadmap Templates | Smartsheet
Nuheara Announces 2018 Product & Technology Roadmap – …
ABB Group External links:
ABB Group ABB560P7W AC Plug IEC60309 560P7W IEC …
The ABB Group
ABB Group – Leading digital technologies for industry
Business development External links:
Title Business Development Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
The Difference Between Sales and Business Development
Title Business Development Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Business plan External links:
How to Write a Business Plan for a Small Business: 9 Steps
Rice Business Plan Competition
[PDF]HOW TO WRITE A BUSINESS PLAN – Small Business …
http://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/How to Write a Business Plan.pdf
Class diagram External links:
[PDF]The UML Class Diagram – Search
UML 2 Class Diagrams: An Agile Introduction
UML – Class Diagram
Corporate strategy External links:
Corporate Strategy | Coursera
What is corporate strategy – Answers.com
The 3 Types of Corporate Strategy Teams | CEB Blogs
Emerging technologies External links:
Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2017 – Gartner
Collabera TACT – IT Emerging Technologies Training
Enterprise systems engineering External links:
[PDF]Enterprise Systems Engineering Theory and Practice
Enterprise Systems Engineering | VA Mobile
Fuzzy Front End External links:
The Fuzzy Front End – UnFuzzied – Product Arts Consulting
The fuzzy front end of innovation | HSTalks
Planning horizon External links:
33. Planning Horizon | MP
Financial Planning Horizon | Social Security Choices
[PDF]PLANNING HORIZON 2030 – Lake County, Florida …
Project network External links:
Capital Project Network
project network | Search Results | Lifeworks Northwest
Project Network Flashcards | Quizlet
Requirement prioritization External links:
[PDF]Analyzing Requirement Prioritization Techniques …
Resource allocation External links:
Resource Allocation. (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Resource Allocation Tool – Skills, Forecasts, Budgets.
http://ad · www.unanet.com/Resource/Allocation
Resource Allocation | Prose and Purpose
Scenario planning External links:
Scenario planning | The Economist
Strategic business unit External links:
strategic business unit – YouTube
5 Examples of a Strategic Business Unit – Simplicable
What is Strategic Business Unit (SBU)? definition and meaning
Strategic management External links:
Strategic management (Book, 1993) [WorldCat.org]
Strategic Management – Strategic Management Insight
Strategic management (eBook, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Strategic planning External links:
4 Strategic Planning Exercises That You Should Do Annually
Strategic Planning Samples | OnStrategy Resources
9 Free Strategic Planning Templates – Smartsheet
Strategic technology plan External links:
[PDF]Strategic Technology Plan – A Nationally Ranked …
[PDF]5 YEAR STRATEGIC TECHNOLOGY PLAN 2012 – 2016
Strategic Technology Plan
System requirements External links:
Internet Explorer system requirements – Windows Help
System requirements for Microsoft Office
Photoshop system requirements – Adobe Support
Systemic change External links:
SVdP-Systemic Change| Hope in Action > Home
Systemic Change of Idaho – Home | Facebook
Progress Toward Achieving Systemic Change | Association …
Technology forecasting External links:
Technology Forecasting and The Internet of Things – YouTube
Technology life cycle External links:
Technology Life Cycle | Mature Stage | San Jose CPA
[PDF]PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE, TECHNOLOGY LIFE CYCLE …
Technology scouting External links:
Technology Scouting Infographic – Ezassi
Technology Scouting to Accelerate Your Corporate Innovation
Technology Scouting for Open Innovation – yet2.com
Vision statement External links:
10 Vision Statement Examples To Spark Your Imagination
How to Write a Vision Statement for Your Business
Mission Statement vs Vision Statement – Difference and Com…
Work breakdown structure External links:
[DOC]WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE – Maryland
[PDF]UNCLASSIFIED Work Breakdown Structure – CADE
Free Work Breakdown Structure Templates – Smartsheet