What is involved in Inventory Control
Find out what the related areas are that Inventory Control connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Inventory Control thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Inventory Control journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Inventory Control leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Inventory Control related domains to cover and 115 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Inventory Control, ABC Analysis, Automated identification and data capture, Barcode scanner, Capital equipment, Computer terminal, Docking station, Document automation, Economic lot scheduling problem, Economic order quantity, Fixed asset, Head office, Inventory control problem, Inventory management software, Inventory optimization, Loss prevention, Mobile computer, Newsvendor model, Operations management, QR Code, Radio-frequency identification, Reorder point, Safety stock, Scan-based trading, Shelf life, Special offer, Stock-keeping unit, Stock management, Storage management system, Supply chain management, Vendor-managed inventory, Warehouse management system, Work order:
Inventory Control Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Inventory Control leadership and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Inventory Control information.
– What are the disruptive Inventory Control technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Inventory Control opportunities costing us money?
– Do we all define Inventory Control in the same way?
ABC Analysis Critical Criteria:
Unify ABC Analysis management and get answers.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Inventory Control? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are the usability implications of Inventory Control actions?
– Do we have past Inventory Control Successes?
Automated identification and data capture Critical Criteria:
Align Automated identification and data capture risks and track iterative Automated identification and data capture results.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Inventory Control ?
– Who sets the Inventory Control standards?
– What threat is Inventory Control addressing?
Barcode scanner Critical Criteria:
Analyze Barcode scanner quality and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Barcode scanner projects.
– How can you measure Inventory Control in a systematic way?
Capital equipment Critical Criteria:
Probe Capital equipment issues and cater for concise Capital equipment education.
– Is there a Inventory Control Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Does Inventory Control appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Computer terminal Critical Criteria:
Explore Computer terminal governance and proactively manage Computer terminal risks.
– Do we prepare for the future where the internet will move significantly beyond relying on handheld devices and computer terminals towards a more massively integrated web of things?
– What are the key elements of your Inventory Control performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Inventory Control, including any consulting or professional services?
– Will Inventory Control deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Docking station Critical Criteria:
Understand Docking station outcomes and transcribe Docking station as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Inventory Control services/products?
– Will Inventory Control have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– In what ways are Inventory Control vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Document automation Critical Criteria:
Drive Document automation results and ask questions.
– Are accountability and ownership for Inventory Control clearly defined?
– Are there Inventory Control problems defined?
Economic lot scheduling problem Critical Criteria:
Refer to Economic lot scheduling problem governance and drive action.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Inventory Control?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Inventory Control activities?
Economic order quantity Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Economic order quantity strategies and prioritize challenges of Economic order quantity.
– Is the Inventory Control organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the barriers to increased Inventory Control production?
– What about Inventory Control Analysis of results?
Fixed asset Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Fixed asset tasks and tour deciding if Fixed asset progress is made.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Inventory Control project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Think of your Inventory Control project. what are the main functions?
– How can skill-level changes improve Inventory Control?
– What is the amount of fixed assets?
Head office Critical Criteria:
Define Head office tasks and report on developing an effective Head office strategy.
– What business benefits will Inventory Control goals deliver if achieved?
– How do we Lead with Inventory Control in Mind?
Inventory control problem Critical Criteria:
Sort Inventory control problem issues and observe effective Inventory control problem.
– What are our needs in relation to Inventory Control skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Inventory Control leaders?
Inventory management software Critical Criteria:
Rank Inventory management software decisions and develop and take control of the Inventory management software initiative.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Inventory Control processes?
– Is Inventory Control Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How will you measure your Inventory Control effectiveness?
Inventory optimization Critical Criteria:
Judge Inventory optimization projects and be persistent.
– Which customers cant participate in our Inventory Control domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Inventory Control products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How can the value of Inventory Control be defined?
Loss prevention Critical Criteria:
Apply Loss prevention engagements and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Loss prevention is getting what it needs.
– Does the tool we use have the ability to integrate with Enterprise Active Directory Servers to determine users and build user, role, and business unit policies?
– Do you have a policy in place to deal with data being lost or stolen (e.g., who needs to be notified, what steps need to be taken to mitigate damages)?
– Does the tool we use provide the ability to send and receive secure email without browser plug ins or client software?
– Are there audit areas that are candidates for elimination or reduced audit coverage to accommodate strained budgets?
– Does the tool we use have a quarantine that includes the ability to redact and/or highlight sensitive information?
– Are there automated audit tools being used to determine the effectiveness of data loss prevention programs?
– What is your company doing to take advantage of automation to improve data & information integrity?
– Does the tool we use allow the ability to add custom number templates (e.g., customer/client IDs)?
– Do we ask the question, What could go wrong and what is the worst that can happen?
– Where does your sensitive data reside, both internally and with third parties?
– Do we have the the ability to create multiple quarantine queues?
– Who will provide the final approval of Inventory Control deliverables?
– What Client Control Considerations were included?
– Do we have designated Privacy Officers?
– Where does your sensitive data reside?
– Are all computers password protected?
– What is considered sensitive data?
– Do any copies need to be off-site?
– What is your most important data?
– How many copies must be off-line?
Mobile computer Critical Criteria:
Frame Mobile computer adoptions and look in other fields.
– Does each mobile computer with direct connectivity to the internet have a personal firewall and anti-virus software installed?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Inventory Control forward?
– Is the scope of Inventory Control defined?
Newsvendor model Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Newsvendor model goals and remodel and develop an effective Newsvendor model strategy.
– What is the purpose of Inventory Control in relation to the mission?
Operations management Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Operations management risks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Operations management decisions.
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– Is there any existing Inventory Control governance structure?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– Which Inventory Control goals are the most important?
– Have all basic functions of Inventory Control been defined?
– Is our company developing its Human Resources?
QR Code Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about QR Code decisions and assess what counts with QR Code that we are not counting.
– Think about the people you identified for your Inventory Control project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Inventory Control process?
– Does Inventory Control analysis show the relationships among important Inventory Control factors?
Radio-frequency identification Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Radio-frequency identification visions and explain and analyze the challenges of Radio-frequency identification.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Inventory Control objectives?
Reorder point Critical Criteria:
Merge Reorder point adoptions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Reorder point is getting what it needs.
Safety stock Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Safety stock projects and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Safety stock projects.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Inventory Control that make it risky?
Scan-based trading Critical Criteria:
Survey Scan-based trading outcomes and develop and take control of the Scan-based trading initiative.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Inventory Control information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Are there recognized Inventory Control problems?
Shelf life Critical Criteria:
Mix Shelf life strategies and describe which business rules are needed as Shelf life interface.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Inventory Control does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How likely is the current Inventory Control plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Special offer Critical Criteria:
Study Special offer outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of Special offer relationship management.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Inventory Control goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Do Inventory Control rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Stock-keeping unit Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Stock-keeping unit tactics and assess and formulate effective operational and Stock-keeping unit strategies.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Inventory Control workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Inventory Control?
Stock management Critical Criteria:
Think about Stock management issues and cater for concise Stock management education.
– What are the short and long-term Inventory Control goals?
Storage management system Critical Criteria:
Nurse Storage management system governance and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Storage management system.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Inventory Control project?
– How do we maintain Inventory Controls Integrity?
Supply chain management Critical Criteria:
Administer Supply chain management planning and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Supply chain management.
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Inventory Control requirements in detail?
– What is TESCM tax efficient supply chain management?
– How to Secure Inventory Control?
Vendor-managed inventory Critical Criteria:
Align Vendor-managed inventory tasks and adopt an insight outlook.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Inventory Control experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Inventory Control project?
– Does the Inventory Control task fit the clients priorities?
Warehouse management system Critical Criteria:
Consult on Warehouse management system decisions and integrate design thinking in Warehouse management system innovation.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Inventory Control strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Is Inventory Control Required?
Work order Critical Criteria:
Group Work order decisions and acquire concise Work order education.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Inventory Control effort?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Inventory Control Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Inventory Control External links:
Multichannel Inventory Control Software | Ecomdash
iTracker Inventory Control – itrackeronline.net
ABC Analysis External links:
ABC Analysis: A Critical Inventory Management Tool
Inventory ABC Analysis – YouTube
Barcode scanner External links:
Oct 28, 2017 · Best no-nonsense barcode scanner in existence! It has no ads and scans nearly instantly under a wide range of angles and light conditions. It …
See shopping results for barcode scanner
Capital equipment External links:
What is Capital Equipment? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
Used Equipment Archive – Capital Equipment Dealer
Capital Equipment Financing and Leasing | Regents Capital
Computer terminal External links:
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy to Pray at Your Computer Terminal
Personal Computer Terminal – Home | Facebook
Docking station External links:
kohls.com – Docking Stations
http://Ad · www.kohls.com/Audio
UltraSlim Docking Station – HP® Official Store
Buy Anker Dual Display Universal Docking Station with DVI/HDMI (up to 2048 x 1152): Docking Stations – Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
Document automation External links:
Legal Document Automation Software by TurboLaw
http://Document automation (also known as document assembly) is the design of systems and workflows that assist in the creation of electronic documents. These include logic-based systems that use segments of pre-existing text and/or data to assemble a new document. This process is increasingly used within certain industries to assemble legal documents, contracts and letters.
Financial Document Automation | Bottomline Technologies
Economic lot scheduling problem External links:
[PDF]Economic Lot Scheduling Problem Considering …
The Economic Lot Scheduling Problem (ELSP): Review …
[PDF]1 The Economic Lot Scheduling Problem – Columbia …
Economic order quantity External links:
Economic Order Quantity Calculator – …
Economic Order Quantity – EOQ – investopedia.com
Calculating EOQ – Economic Order Quantity (Inventory …
Fixed asset External links:
What is Considered a Fixed Asset – Investing School
Fixed asset — AccountingTools
Fixed Asset – Investopedia
Head office External links:
Head Office (1985) – IMDb
Sumitomo Corporation Tokyo Head Office Map | …
BROQUET FUEL TREATMENT – HEAD OFFICE
Inventory control problem External links:
MTH108 5.6.2 Inventory Control Problem – YouTube
Inventory management software External links:
Inventory Management Software | Orderhive
Tenna | Asset Inventory Management Software & …
Inventory Management Software | Inventory System – …
Inventory optimization External links:
Inventory Optimization for Retail | Predictive Analytics
EazyStock – Inventory Optimization Software
Inventory Optimization | Partnering with Interstate Batteries
Loss prevention External links:
Metro One Loss Prevention | Leading Security Provider
NRF PROTECT 2018 Loss Prevention Conference and …
Mobile computer External links:
Best in class mobile computer workstations with a mobile battery source which lasts over 8-12 hours allowing you stay mobile and productive for longer.
http://Amazon.com: Nokia N900 Unlocked Phone/Mobile Computer …
Newcastlesys.com – Top Rated Mobile Computer …
Newsvendor model External links:
Newsvendor Model OIS 5620 Flashcards | Quizlet
Intuition for Newsvendor model 1 – YouTube
Ch.12 The Newsvendor Model Flashcards | Quizlet
Operations management External links:
Operations Management Exam 1 Flashcards | Quizlet
Cherwell Enterprise Service & Operations Management
QR Code External links:
Mar 16, 2016 · HOW THE APP WORKS To scan a QR code or barcode simply open the app, point the camera at the code, and you’re done! There is no need to take a …
The QR Code Generator – Official Site
Window Stickers for Ford® Vehicles | Scan the QR Code …
Reorder point External links:
Reorder Point Calculation in 7 minutes: ROP – YouTube
Reorder Point Calculator | Fishbowl
[PDF]REORDER POINT RECORD – United States Army
Safety stock External links:
Calculating Safety Stock – Logistics / Supply Chain
Scan-based trading External links:
Scan-Based Trading – Payment Processing | iControl
Managing Scan-Based Trading Shrink Waste
[PDF]Scan-based Trading for Suppliers
Shelf life External links:
What is O-Ring Shelf Life?
Shelf Talk – StillTasty: Your Ultimate Shelf Life Guide
The Shelf Life of Fruits and Vegetables | SparkPeople
Special offer External links:
special offer | Motorola US
Disneyland Resort | Special Offer Not Available
(Special Offer) Merrill Edge Cash Management Account
Stock management External links:
Pacific Halibut Research & Stock Management | IPHC
AWB Stock Management – CNSC
[PDF]Procedure – Check Stock Management
Storage management system External links:
[PDF]Hierarchical Storage Management System Evaluation
Storage Management System | ADOA-ASET
Which Hierarchical Storage Management system does …
Supply chain management External links:
Supply Chain Management — FedEx Freight Customer …
The Leader in Supply Chain Management | Wesco Aircraft
Healthcare Supply Chain Management | Infor
Warehouse management system External links:
3PL WMS Warehouse Management System | Warehouse …
SkuVault Warehouse Management System · Home
Inventory & Warehouse Management System | WMS | Peoplevox
Work order External links:
Big Sky and Life Storage – asset and work order management
15 Free Work Order Templates | Smartsheet